Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:12 PM

Honestly - you couldn't make it up!

Was out with T and M again today. M is just back on his feet after last week's fall. Had lunch in Sainsbury's, then T said she needed to top up the petrol. She went into the kiosk to pay, M and I stayed in the car. Suddenly a young woman came and tapped on the car window - asked if we were waiting for a woman with short grey hair - we said we were - she told us T had had a fall in the kiosk!

I asked M to stay with the car while I went to see what had happened. T was sitting in the middle of the floor having a cut on her hand cleaned and dressed by a First Aider. Apparently she walked into the somewhat dim kiosk from bright sunshine - tried to remove her clip-on sunglasses while walking - and tripped over a mat!! She had landed on the sunglasses - hence the cut. Once again - praise to the staff - they were efficient but very kind and gentle with her.

Being as things tend to go in threes - I have said I am not going out with them again - ever - in case it my turn next!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:26 PM

Re: Honestly - you couldn't make it up!

Goodness me, you wouldn't think that could happen twice! Glad T wasn't too badly injured.

Beware Tabby, surely it couldn't happen a third time!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Goodness me, you wouldn't think that could happen twice! Glad T wasn't too badly injured.

Beware Tabby, surely it couldn't happen a third time!
I am hibernating, Mags, just in case!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That might be a good idea!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:32 PM

Plus, you will be self isolating, that has to be good, just in case.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:38 PM

Too right. So would I, Tabs.

I think you should go shopping with different friends next week.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 10:09 AM

Was out with T and M again today. M is just back on his feet after last week's fall. Had lunch in Sainsbury's, then T said she needed to top up the petrol. She went into the kiosk to pay, M and I stayed in the car. Suddenly a young woman came and tapped on the car window - asked if we were waiting for a woman with short grey hair - we said we were - she told us T had had a fall in the kiosk!

I asked M to stay with the car while I went to see what had happened. T was sitting in the middle of the floor having a cut on her hand cleaned and dressed by a First Aider. Apparently she walked into the somewhat dim kiosk from bright sunshine - tried to remove her clip-on sunglasses while walking - and tripped over a mat!! She had landed on the sunglasses - hence the cut. Once again - praise to the staff - they were efficient but very kind and gentle with her.

Being as things tend to go in threes - I have said I am not going out with them again - ever - in case it my turn next!!
Sue them.

Seriously. A mat that is a trip hazard, as is obviously the case, should not have been where someone could trip over it.

I CERTAINLY would and without a moment's hesitation. Take photo of injury, go to doctor and complain of ongoing pain and contact a solicitor NOW.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 02:51 PM

Cover yourself in bubblewrap Tabs!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Too right. So would I, Tabs.

I think you should go shopping with different friends next week.
Better still, get it delivered!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sue them.

Seriously. A mat that is a trip hazard, as is obviously the case, should not have been where someone could trip over it.

I CERTAINLY would and without a moment's hesitation. Take photo of injury, go to doctor and complain of ongoing pain and contact a solicitor NOW.
Certainly not! It was - as she admitted - entirely her own fault.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top