Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:30 PM

Re: Honestly - you couldn't make it up!

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Better still, get it delivered!
Not something I would normally consider - but ... ??!!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Certainly not! It was - as she admitted - entirely her own fault.
Never, ever, admit fault. Sainsbugs could come back at her for any damage she caused when falling over.

I'm with Todger, sue or at least threaten to sue them and see what they offer in terms of compo.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Never, ever, admit fault. Sainsbugs could come back at her for any damage she caused when falling over.

I'm with Todger, sue or at least threaten to sue them and see what they offer in terms of compo.
That is just wrong on so many levels!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-03-2020, 07:41 AM

Update

Spoke to T last night - she is a bit bruised but none the worse for her fall.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-03-2020, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

To clarify what I meant by this answer to Percy Vere -

1) The fall was entirely T's own fault. Had she been looking where she was going instead of fiddling with her sunglasses - it would not have happened.

2) The only damage was to T herself. She was in the middle of a perfectly clear floor.

3) Claiming compensation to which one is not entitled is tantamount to theft in my book.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Too right. So would I, Tabs.

I think you should go shopping with different friends next week.
Yeh right ST, I agree with what Mups says spread that unluckiness around don't just give it to T and M..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Why is it wrong?

Sainsbury's are at fault. The mat was a danger. End of story.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 10:06 AM

To clarify what I meant by this answer to Percy Vere -

1) The fall was entirely T's own fault. Had she been looking where she was going instead of fiddling with her sunglasses - it would not have happened.

2) The only damage was to T herself. She was in the middle of a perfectly clear floor.

3) Claiming compensation to which one is not entitled is tantamount to theft in my book.
The environment should be intrinsically safe. Plainly it was not.

The person was injured as a result of the area not being intrinsically safe. If she had been blind it would have been just as much a danger. Mats can be bought that ARE trip proof for public spaces such as inside shops. Claiming compensation for an injury should be referred to a tribunal at least simply because so often human nature is to blame one's self when such is not the case. Go for it EVERY TIME.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 11:13 AM

Totally agree with you Tabby.

If the mat had been old, or skidded across the floor when you trod on it, that's different, but this was simply somone who was not looking what she was doing.
She could have tripped over her own feet even, then what?

I hate this Americanism of suing for everything and anything, and trying to make money when it's your own fault entirely.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Totally agree with you Tabby.

If the mat had been old, or skidded across the floor when you trod on it, that's different, but this was simply somone who was not looking what she was doing.
She could have tripped over her own feet even, then what?

I hate this Americanism of suing for everything and anything, and trying to make money when it's your own fault entirely.
Exactly my point, Mups, thank you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top