Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:23 PM

In Charge

Should you be in charge of anything, if you are old, would you be liable to make bad decisions?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:26 PM

Re: In Charge

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Should you be in charge of anything,

Yes!

if you are old, would you be liable to make bad decisions?
No!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:54 PM

Depends what the item is you are in charge of, whatever your age.
I was never in charge of a car or anything that had an engine, but a horse yes, I was in charge of those.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:42 AM

I had a long (35 year) career in the mental health system and also worked for quite a few years in the criminal justice/ state corrections system. Over that time I was in charge of a lot of people and many areas of different organisations. I had my up times and down times. I think the ups outnumbered the downs and all in all I think I had a successful career. So..I think I did a good job all in all. I retired with no blemishes on my reputation so that says a lot I think. Now I'm just in charge of the day to day running of the house and myself. No complaints so far. Right now I don't think my age (67) has any bearing on the quality of my decisions.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 08:06 AM

But Keezoy, surely, a lifetime of decisions are made on criteria, available at any given moment in time, so, quality assurance on that variable must be very difficult to ascertain.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:10 AM

After a very long horrible marriage - my life following divorce has been wonderful by comparison........because for just about the first time in my life, I'm in charge of myself! My life now depends on my decisions - though I do wonder about my decisions as I get older.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
After a very long horrible marriage - my life following divorce has been wonderful by comparison........because for just about the first time in my life, I'm in charge of myself! My life now depends on my decisions - though I do wonder about my decisions as I get older.

Well done Lindyloo it's a hard road to be on but a happier one .
I'm still in charge of myself and I still make decisions that suit me and only me .
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:37 PM

Good for you Lindyloo. Long may your decisions be the right ones.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:51 PM

My decision making is abysmal Spitty, so I leave all the important stuff to Mrs Fox....Like.....What number to set the washer on, what clothes to wear when we go out and what colour to paint the house.....
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 01:01 PM

Ditto and the freedom to make wise or maybe unwise decisions is part of that ongoing wonderful feeling. We may make an odd mistake here or there but that happens anyway in life and knowing that... we can laugh at ourself and rectify it without let or hindrance from another which makes it all that more precious.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top