Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 02:51 PM

Re: In Charge

I was MD of a power electronics company for about fifty years. Plenty of opportunities to make bad decisions but, on balance, more good than bad. We got through some tough times.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 02:53 PM

I'm in charge of my faculties, just about, can't cope with anything else.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:09 PM

My phone is on charge not in charge
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm in charge of my faculties, just about, can't cope with anything else.
Ditto.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:54 PM

I'm in charge of my zimmer.

(... well maybe one day!)
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 06:06 PM

I know my place
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
But Keezoy, surely, a lifetime of decisions are made on criteria, available at any given moment in time, so, quality assurance on that variable must be very difficult to ascertain.
Yep well that's a self evident truth. The best you can do is take careful note of your mistakes, learn from them and try not to repeat them. Be willing to admit when you're wrong. And above all listen to what is being said. Don't just think about what you want to say. Apart from all that living a healthy life will give your brain the best chance of keeping itself in order. The rest is up to fate I guess.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 08:01 AM

Would you say avoiding Fateful Days is good practice?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Would you say avoiding Fateful Days is good practice?
Had to google that:

having momentous significance or consequences; decisively important; portentous: a fateful meeting between the leaders of the two countries. fatal, deadly, or disastrous. controlled or determined by destiny; inexorable.

However would you know in advance, which days are "Fateful" days?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2020, 09:17 AM

I make a lot of bad decisions and it is mostly down to bad health. Lack of oxygen in the blood brings on brain fog and I often sit and think what did I do all day and why did I order this when its delivered to my door.
I know I have just put it down to health but also I feel its being cut off from the outside world and not mixing with people.
Things start to pick up in the spring/summer already starting to feel better in myself.
I put that down to friends I meet walking their dogs in the mornings. Winter months I see hardly a soul out there because of the cold damp weather and its pitch black drive home afterwards and I can go all day without speaking to a single person.
Hence why I listen to a lot of music I suppose.
When I was younger before 1999 I was incharge of quite a lot and run them successfully 2 chilled food companies/2 public houses/1999 to 2008 I was incharge of a security team of 8 before early retirement. I was 54 then and things just spiralled down hill since.
So yes the older you get although you are more experience you still make more bad decisions is my opinion.
Now I think I will go and cut my throat..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top