Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Re: Good Morning Thursday.

Afternoon all.

It was very scary in town this morning. The gulls were swirling round and screeching just like a scene in "The Birds". They must be getting ready to start nesting on the rooftops.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Lucky you Tiff, seeing the pretty yellowhammer.

I've never seen one
We used to get lots here once upon a time, there were lots up on the fields & moor above our house, they nested there & they'd come down to the gardens to feed on the bird food put out, in Winter, now I am lucky to see one or two. They are on the red list as being very endangered now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We used to get lots here once upon a time, there were lots up on the fields & moor above our house, they nested there & they'd come down to the gardens to feed on the bird food put out, in Winter, now I am lucky to see one or two. They are on the red list as being very endangered now.
You are so lucky Tiff, we don’t seem to get any of the lovely coloured birds here.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:28 PM

You are so lucky Tiff, we don’t seem to get any of the lovely coloured birds here.
I am surprised you don't, Mags. Not even Bullfinch, or Nuthatch, or Siskins? The latter two are Winter garden visitors.
I would love to see Ring-necked Parakeets in the garden, but they haven't got to the South West yet.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:50 PM

I am surprised you don't, Mags. Not even Bullfinch, or Nuthatch, or Siskins? The latter two are Winter garden visitors.
I would love to see Ring-necked Parakeets in the garden, but they haven't got to the South West yet.
There has been a bullfinch on the odd occasion but it's very rare if we see it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

05-03-2020, 11:18 PM

There has been a bullfinch on the odd occasion but it's very rare if we see it.
I forgot to mention Goldfinch those are all over the place.
We don't get many Bullfinch now, not since a neighbours cat killed the males.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

05-03-2020, 11:34 PM

I forgot to mention Goldfinch those are all over the place.
We don't get many Bullfinch now, not since a neighbours cat killed the males.
I do hate it when the cats go after the birds I'm afraid my last cat did the same but as soon as I saw her stalking a bird I would go out and frighten the bird away.

I'll keep my eyes open for the Goldfinch Tiff, they look attractive birds.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

05-03-2020, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by mags ->
i do hate it when the cats go after the birds i'm afraid my last cat did the same but as soon as i saw her stalking a bird i would go out and frighten the bird away.

I'll keep my eyes open for the goldfinch tiff, they look attractive birds.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top