Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 05:54 PM

Re: Rationing Certain Goods.

Some goods are in short supply and rationed at some Stores
however you can but many things on EBay and Amazon where they have a good supply of Toilet rolls and Kitchen towels
Post free ..

They also sell food and medications.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 06:14 PM

In many of today's tabloid papers they mention that nearly all the supermarkets in the UK are going to start rationing some items. Sainsbury is the only one that said they wouldn't.

It's times like these that when you are shopping, you get to see who are the selfish ones buy all they can and who are the thoughtful ones.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
In many of today's tabloid papers they mention that nearly all the supermarkets in the UK are going to start rationing some items. Sainsbury is the only one that said they wouldn't.

It's times like these that when you are shopping, you get to see who are the selfish ones buy all they can and who are the thoughtful ones.

I agree, Dodge.
Selfish and greedy some of 'em.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:41 PM

I've been buying Bioguard Handgel from Amazon since 2014. It's normally about £4.50 a bottle.

I still have a full 500ml bottle of it left, so no hurry to get more. However, I thought I'd see if Amazon had any and of course it's out of stock.

I looked on Ebay and found a 500ml bottle going for £38.00. They can squirt it up ..(I'll say no more) for that price.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 11:49 PM

Boots or Milton's Sterilizing Liquid or any other make will clean hands too.

Prices from £1.50
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

Surely, if push comes to shove, Sainsbury's will run out of supplies before the others.

That would lead to punters going to other stores, to get their bog roll, and they might well buy the rest of their shopping at those stores thereafter.

Not the best forward thinking by Sainsbury's!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 03:23 PM

I don't understand this obsession with hand gel, I haven't bought any and don't want any.

I went shopping this morning wearing woolly gloves, I tend not to touch my face when wearing gloves, and I and took them off in the garage and popped then in a bucket with some disinfectant the moment I got home then washed my hands.

I am far more concerned about people coughing and sneezing near me, hand gel won't help that.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't understand this obsession with hand gel, I haven't bought any and don't want any.

I went shopping this morning wearing woolly gloves, I tend not to touch my face when wearing gloves, and I and took them off in the garage and popped then in a bucket with some disinfectant the moment I got home then washed my hands.

I am far more concerned about people coughing and sneezing near me, hand gel won't help that.
My main concern too Meg. Trying to pick times to shop when I know there won't be crowds. I wish parents would keep their children in check tho, their sticky fingers get everywhere.
I'm not looking to buy handgel .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 04:09 PM

Sainsbury's weren't too bad this morning, they had stacks of toilet rolls just inside the entrance doors as well as on the shelves. They had pasta and rice on the shelves, maybe not fully stocked with that or people have been buying it up before I got there. Very little liquid hand wash and soap. They didn't look short of any food items.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Medical reasons in our case. It can be used to disinfect any part of the body.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top