Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 07:30 PM

Re: The power of social media …

Originally Posted by biffo ->
I couldn't do without Facebook to keep in touch
and find it easy to ignore the dross!
Same here, Biffo.
I love messaging my American pal most days to see what she is up to & then she knows what I've been doing to. We can no longer meet as she doesn't travel this far any more.
I keep in touch with relatives who live abroad also & love playing the King games.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 08:36 PM

I imagine FB must be good for some old folk as a way of keeping in touch with younger generations. But none of my family are interested. I did try about 15 years ago.

Now, the only social media I do is OFF. I am involved in the local community site and also a couple of photography sites.

I know youtube's been around for a long time but it's only recently I've subscribed to certain channels .... I enjoy that ... brilliant videos and they truly appreciate good feedback.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
I couldn't do without Facebook to keep in touch
and find it easy to ignore the dross!
I like facebook and am a regular poster. I have a lot of fun on there and I get to keep in touch with all my American family, I have more family over there than I have here!

If there is somethingI don't like I just scroll on by.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 09:08 PM

I think that social media are very useful as a means of communication in various ways and, in some cases, more useful than the press and television, both of which are often biased.

Of course, it depends upon the social medium.

I find OFF really quite good...
if you take great care of who you listen to!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that social media are very useful as a means of communication in various ways and, in some cases, more useful than the press and television, both of which are often biased.

Of course, it depends upon the social medium.

I find OFF really quite good...
if you take great care of who you listen to!
Don't worry about OFF JBR, folks have been self isolating here since well before the Corona outbreak.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top