Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 10:59 PM

The cost of flood and storm damage …

Insurers are set to pay out an average £32,000 per household for flood claims after destructive UK winter storms, an industry body has said.

"The bill to clean up after storms Dennis and Ciara is set to total more than £360m, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) said.

About £214m is going on flood claims and £149m on wind damage."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51773037

That is I guess for those who still had flood insurance after perhaps the previous flooding. Bad enough being flooded once but then when insurance is not covering future floods and it happens again … what a blow that would be.

How would you cope with anything like losing everything if your house was flooded?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:15 PM

Re: The cost of flood and storm damage …

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Insurers are set to pay out an average £32,000 per household for flood claims after destructive UK winter storms, an industry body has said.

"The bill to clean up after storms Dennis and Ciara is set to total more than £360m, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) said.

About £214m is going on flood claims and £149m on wind damage."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51773037

That is I guess for those who still had flood insurance after perhaps the previous flooding. Bad enough being flooded once but then when insurance is not covering future floods and it happens again … what a blow that would be.

How would you cope with anything like losing everything if your house was flooded?
Hello Bruce, can you recommend some good digs in Aus......
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hello Bruce, can you recommend some good digs in Aus......
Hi Bruce, make that request for two plus whatever accompanying family members there are!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by baz46 ->
hi bruce, make that request for two plus whatever accompanying family members there are!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:49 AM

HI guys. I'm not Bruce but I do live in Australia. We have floods here too; big ones. And,as you know, dreadful fires and drought as well. But good luck. IF you can afford it and you are self supporting, notwithstanding the above, anywhere in Australia is a good place to live. Depends on whether you want to take your UK weather with you with slightly warmer temperatures (Tasmania, High country in NSW and Victoria, Canberra and Melbourne sometimes) or you want Mediterranean (Perth , Adelaide) Tropical (Brisbane, Gold Coast and all points north) or Monsoonal (Darwin, Cairns etc) Then there's always the plains and the desert. Dry!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 09:28 AM

Foxy and baz...we could all go out to oz and cover any cost/lifestyle by going gold hunting :lol, imagine the three of us prospecting, digging up huge nuggets ( no foxy, not the chicken kind) ..we’d have it made in a couple of years..now we just need a snappy name, the bare knees three...hm..needs work...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-03-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
HI guys. I'm not Bruce but I do live in Australia. We have floods here too; big ones. And,as you know, dreadful fires and drought as well. But good luck. IF you can afford it and you are self supporting, notwithstanding the above, anywhere in Australia is a good place to live. Depends on whether you want to take your UK weather with you with slightly warmer temperatures (Tasmania, High country in NSW and Victoria, Canberra and Melbourne sometimes) or you want Mediterranean (Perth , Adelaide) Tropical (Brisbane, Gold Coast and all points north) or Monsoonal (Darwin, Cairns etc) Then there's always the plains and the desert. Dry!
Thanks Keezoy Australia sounds brilliant, so many different climates in one country. Perhaps one day I'll get the chance to visit....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-03-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Foxy and baz...we could all go out to oz and cover any cost/lifestyle by going gold hunting :lol, imagine the three of us prospecting, digging up huge nuggets ( no foxy, not the chicken kind) ..we’d have it made in a couple of years..now we just need a snappy name, the bare knees three...hm..needs work...
That's a fantastic idea Primus, when do we start.....
I'll get some new shorts for us all, what's your waist size?
Baz46

08-03-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Thanks Keezoy Australia sounds brilliant, so many different climates in one country. Perhaps one day I'll get the chance to visit....
That's a fantastic idea Primus, when do we start.....
I'll get some new shorts for us all, what's your waist size?
I've always known it was the right idea at the age of 23 to give living in Australia a try, now though 50 years' later and not having done so it might be just a little difficult and possibly too late!

Had I done so though, it might well have been me doing the inviting!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 10:55 AM

Hey guys come on over. It is said that there is still gold in them thar hills. ..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top