Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 11:48 PM

Re: Alcohol Free Beer

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hmmmm

All I know is ... I tried alcohol free once and that was the only time beer made me feel queasy.
I agree. It has a dreadful after taste and don't even mention the gas. I would rather have a Coke.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
Most beers, at least over here, are alcohol free until the brewers add spirits.

Are you sure, I can't find much/any evidence for that.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Are you sure, I can't find much/any evidence for that.
No, it's fermented here the same way that the monks do it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Absolutely. If I'm going to have a beer it has to be real and ice cold. If I'm going to have a soft drink I'll have Coke.
If I am going to have a beer, it has to be champagne and ice cold.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I like 'Fosters'.......
I don't think you can buy it in Australia at all (at least I have never seen it here for many decades), it is owned by a European company and its main sales are in the UK.

Ginger Beer is called a beer (Doh!) and it is mostly a soft drink though there are alcoholic versions. I used to make it myself until the great laundry explosion of 2018.

Never been able to drink Coke, both Coke and Pepsi taste absolutely disgusting.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

10-03-2020, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't think you can buy it in Australia at all (at least I have never seen it here for many decades), it is owned by a European company and its main sales are in the UK.

Ginger Beer is called a beer (Doh!) and it is mostly a soft drink though there are alcoholic versions. I used to make it myself until the great laundry explosion of 2018.

What, such a teaser with no elaboration? Standing by.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 04:09 PM

I quite agree with you Bruce. If I want a fizzy soft drink I'll drink Diet Sprite or fizzy water not that coke rubbish.

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What, such a teaser with no elaboration? Standing by.
Ditto.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 06:16 PM

I don't drink all that much really Bruce, I'm usually the driver....
I find lagers with a high alcohol content bitter and harsh tasting, I do like Coca Cola though, probably because I've got a sweet tooth, but I'd never touch 'Diet' drinks with saccharin or aspartamine in them.

Yes, I think Fosters is brewed in the UK under licence.

Foster's Lager is an internationally distributed brand of lager. It is owned by the international brewing group AB InBev, and is brewed under licence in a number of countries, including its biggest market, the UK, where the European rights to the brand are owned by Heineken International. Wikipedia
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I like 'Fosters'.......
And you are a Yorky?? sacriledge!

Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 09:27 PM

Sounds like you destroy ed the brewery Brucy, and the washing??
You forgot the relief valve! LOL! LOL!
Donkeyman!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top