Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 08:13 PM

Re: When's Dinner, I'm starving!

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I do that in my bed,Carol, on a tray.
I couldn't do that. Bed for me is just retiring to fall asleep.
Mais, à chacun son goût..............
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I couldn't do that. Bed for me is just retiring to fall asleep.
Mais, à chacun son goût..............

I have tried living downstairs, it just doesn’t work for us, I have lived in my bedroom, since the age of 40, which suits me just fine.
My bed is my sofa, only it’s more comfortable.
My son does exactly the same,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 08:38 PM

I am not fat nor am l thin. I eat well to keep my immune system healthy and because l enjoy certain foods that l cook from scratch.

I will not eat a meal off a tray in front of the television. I eat at the table for every meal. I am very strict about this. I savour what l eat and wont have my attention taken away from it by a television.

I make sure l have a little something to eat late at night too because if l am hungry, l can’t sleep.

It seems l am the opposite to many of the views on this thread but l enjoy good health on the whole.
So l suppose, it’s different strokes for different folk.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 09:00 PM

We usually eat about 7.30 at the table ,unless there is footie on then he has on a tray .
Shrug lol,lol
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 10:00 PM

I have porridge with soya milk for breakfast but not at a set time. I have to wait 4hrs after taking thyroid meds before I can have brekkie as the soya milk interferes with the absorption of the meds.
I always used to take them in the middle of the night when my brain woke me up to take them. But now I wake up later - maybe 7 or 8, which means I have brekkie about 11 or 12 or whatever. You get the drift.

'Lunch' - erm.... I might get an empty feeling about 3/3.30pm and might nibble something, but sometimes I don't feel empty.

Tea/dinner whatever you want to call it - no set time, whenever I can be bothered or whenever I'm hungry.

I know since the lockdowns and restrictions started last year, my diet has taken a downward slope. I eat more rubbish than I've ever done in my life. I always used to survive on fruit and handful of nuts during the day, healthy stuff - now it seems to be sugary things
No weight gain, in fact lost some, bit blobby round the middle now where I wasn't before.
Still spring is round the corner and hopefully good weather, so I can work it off
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not fat nor am l thin. I eat well to keep my immune system healthy and because l enjoy certain foods that l cook from scratch.

I will not eat a meal off a tray in front of the television. I eat at the table for every meal. I am very strict about this. I savour what l eat and wont have my attention taken away from it by a television.

I make sure l have a little something to eat late at night too because if l am hungry, l can’t sleep.

It seems l am the opposite to many of the views on this thread but l enjoy good health on the whole.
So l suppose, it’s different strokes for different folk.
I agree with you about sitting at the table Arty.
The only meal I have on a tray is a sandwich for tea on a Saturday and Sunday.
I find it very hard to digest if I'm all scrunched up.

After working day shifts for forty years, dinner would always be 5:30 to 6:30 pm. It's a hard habit to break, and through the week it continues.
Saturdays and Sundays dinner is at 2:00pm ish' and just a sandwich for tea.

We never eat anything in bed, and there is not even a radio or television in there, I consider the bedroom a sacred place for sleep only.....And it's calling to me now....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:08 AM

The day I retired I said I will have my main cooked meal at lunchtime. I cook good wholesome food and eat about 1pm . I may have a cup of soup at about 7pm or like tonight I had a small bowl of pasta as i was peckish . I dont eat breakfast if staying home , but if going for a walk I'll have a small bowl of porridge for energy
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:06 AM

I usually cook a nice evening meal for my wife and son. We eat around 7 pm. I don't usually have an evening meal myself. Never hungry at night.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:51 AM

I must have been Italian in a former life - skipping breakfast for tea or cappuccino (need to run on an empty stomach), a very light lunch, and a leisurely late meal around 9 PM around a set table with good food and conversation.

A night owl am I.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 03:35 AM

I was brought up to have my main meal at around midday, whether I was home for lunch or stayed for school dinners.

My Lovely Cousin was brought up the same way, and that's how we brought up our kids as well.

I was a shift worker for nearly thirty nine years, and used to work away a lot, so a main meal might be at midday, mid evening, or it might be at midnight at my normal place of work. If I was away then it could be at midday, or at any time we got a break, or after the pubs closed.

Consequently I can eat my main meal at just about any time of the day.

However, due to various family digestion and medical problems, we now have our main cooked meal at around 1pm.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top