Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:38 AM

Re: Have you ventured out in it?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
How did you get on at your Doctors Foxy?
On Monday I spoke to the doctor on the telephone and she prescribed the 12 colchicine tablets that we expected. It's been a week today since I first noticed the pain in my toe, and since Monday I've taken eight tablets. Although a lot of the redness and inflammation has subsided, I'm still in quite a bit of pain making it very difficult to drive (My Clutch Foot) and due to the swelling, walking around the house hurts.

The last time I had an attack just three Colchicine tablets and three or four days did the trick. What with no running or walking I'm getting frustrated now....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 08:30 PM

Maddening, OGF. Drinking lots of water, I presume? I recall reading something about having 12 oz. every two-three hours, but I'm not a doctor so I'm also handing you a grain of salt, too.

I hope those tablets start doing their work - soon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Maddening, OGF. Drinking lots of water, I presume? I recall reading something about having 12 oz. every two-three hours, but I'm not a doctor so I'm also handing you a grain of salt, too.

I hope those tablets start doing their work - soon.
Well Errr, actually, most of my water is boiling, has a tea bag immersed in it, has a splash of milk and a spoonful of sugar......It makes water more interesting Surfermom...
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:45 PM

Today is the first time I have ventured out for a week , ,enjoyed it TBH ,as I was going a bit stir crazy . lol.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's a quick response, Bruce. How in the world will they be able to truly lockdown those extensive borders? What about commercial vehicles?
Trade has to carry on as normal, I don't know how that happens.

There are probably only two roads between Victoria and SA (I am not sure exactly)
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am actual enjoying the hard frost it is much easier for Chloe and me to walk on frozen fields than through thick mud.

I go for a walk 3 times a day whatever the weather or my health Once you stop doing things like that it is the beginning of the end, so keep going I say
Meg I haven’t been further than the end of the road since before Christmas .
Since the snow came I’ve not been out at all so frightened of falling because I already have to use a walking stick ,even in the house . Years ago when I had my dog I did long walks around here .
So as you say “ it’s the beginning of the end “ I think .
I would love to keep going out for walks and tho the spirit’s willing the body says “ no ,learn to live differently “
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am actual enjoying the hard frost it is much easier for Chloe and me to walk on frozen fields than through thick mud.

I go for a walk 3 times a day whatever the weather or my health Once you stop doing things like that it is the beginning of the end, so keep going I say
You are so right Meg .
Went out twice yesterday for a walk the second time I felt like Scott of the Antarctic and wondered if I would make it home.
Sub zero temperatures and a cutting wind. Roll on summer.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:00 AM

Though we have some thawing on the pavements, many are still a bit iffy, so then I walk Holly in the roads. Cannot stand this biting wind, and she will stop and sniff for ages, but I worry about her paws getting cold. I put two coats on her when it’s this temperature. Keep telling her, it’ll be spring soon.

We still go out minimum 3x a day, and I put her out the garden at the end of the evening where she does a wee.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:04 AM

Mungo never seems to feel the cold .
He is a border collie and has a double coat .
Yesterday he went paddling in an icy stream.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:26 AM

-9c as we headed out this morning..

The dogs are very happy to be out but Ive got paw wax on them and their coats.

It was a lovely walk though and because there was no wind the early sun felt really warm.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top