Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:24 PM

Re: Rant alert - re Lockdown!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t understand?
Many members on here profess to be caring and will always stop and hug lonely people and chat to them..
Yet if the same lonely people ring you up, you don’t want to talk to them!

lt’s a funny old world!
I do not profess to be anything, Artangel.

I will happily talk to anyone - but not for an hour or more about trivia - and certainly not the same trivia every day! My friends and family were never like that before the plague.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes Pauline, I can understand that.
Conversation should be a two-way thing, and all I meant was sometimes it is can be difficult to even get to the phone - like recently when I was very poorly.

Even when we are well, it is not always possible to drop everything for an hour.
Having said that, at times it can also be very enjoyable, but just not when I am in the middle of something important. Is that so unreasonable?
A genuine emergency, where someone is in trouble is a different matter altogether.

I agree, but not everyone sees it our way, Mups......that’s when opinions come into it.

At one time,I had a heck of a problem with peoples opinions, in fact Mags pointed it out to me......I had a long think about what she said.....she was right......my problem was, I took others opinions personally.....because they disagreed with mine,....it’s not really funny I know......but I have learnt not to take opinions personally......they have as much right to their opinion as I do mine.

But on this occasion,I agree with your opinion...which ain’t always the case, is it gal!!......missed you when you weren’t here...hope you are continuing to recover,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:21 PM

My post was merely an observation. I was not targeting anyone in particular l was just generalising. So there’s no need for anyone to get paranoid!

This is what l mean about goody goody huggers. Their caring is on ‘their terms’ and they tend to cherry pick who they will give their ‘care’ to.

Caring for someone who needs someone doesn’t end at a hug. The other person should be there for them beyond the hug.

Yes, ok the phone call is probably inconvenient at times. Yes, the conversation might be mundane and boring but what’s wrong in expanding the conversation and not get annoyed with the person. They are probably very lonely and haven’t opened their mouth for days to utter a word to another human..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:29 PM

My post was merely an observation. I was not targeting anyone in particular l was just generalising. So there’s no need for anyone to get paranoid!

This is what l mean about goody goody huggers. Their caring is on ‘their terms’ and they tend to cherry pick who they will give their ‘care’ to.

Caring for someone who needs someone doesn’t end at a hug. The other person should be there for them beyond the hug.

Yes, ok it is probably inconvenient at times. Yes, and the conversation might be mundane and boring but what’s wrong in expanding the conversation and not get annoyed with the person. They are probably very lonely and haven’t opened their mouth for days to utter a word to another human..

Art, you have voiced your opinion....some don’t agree with it....just as you don’t agree with theirs......it doesn’t make anyone more right than the other.......

Different strokes for different folks....by the way I never took your post personally....as it was just your opinion.

Now, if your opinion was made compulsory...I’d have more to say then,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Art, you have voiced your opinion....some don’t agree with it....just as you don’t agree with theirs......it doesn’t make anyone more right than the other.......

Different strokes for different folks....by the way I never took your post personally....as it was just your opinion.

Now, if your opinion was made compulsory...I’d have more to say then,
Gosh Pauline, You sound very ‘Moderaterish’ in this post!
Have you been promoted?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-02-2021, 05:54 PM

Gosh Pauline, You sound very ‘Moderaterish’ in this post!
Have you been promoted?
😂🤣😅.....Art, I love your banter...now hurry up and post another silly thread...😂🤣😅......only joking....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 06:08 PM

Yes, ok the phone call is probably inconvenient at times. Yes, the conversation might be mundane and boring but what’s wrong in expanding the conversation and not get annoyed with the person. They are probably very lonely and haven’t opened their mouth for days to utter a word to another human..
Art , what an understanding post.
I’m not lonely but it’s pretty awful when one lives alone .
I’ve been thinking how fortunate I am to have a few rooms to move about in as well as a view of the countryside .
It must be awful for those who live in such as city bed sits .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 08:36 PM

My PITA ex..... well, his phone calls I could rant for hours about.
Him of his 2 - 3 hr phone calls (yes really). They are SO exhausting and I long to tell him to go forth and multiply - but my insides can't do it, even tho' he's been such an awful man - he's my daughter's father and I don't want to create a situation. She knows what he's like, but he's still her dad and in her own way, she appreciates I give him the time of day, sorting of fielding him away from her I guess

Actually, I've found it can be rather refreshing though. I do manage to slip in what a vile person he was - to which he has the grace to apologise (vaguely).

I'm a down to earth person and would normally tell someone like him to go forth in short sharp jerky movements, so I feel quite proud I give him my time and patience - I'm not usually known for my patience. I hope Him Up There gives me a medal when I get up there

So, if anyone needs to talk (or listen a lot), please PM for his phone number.... (at your peril)
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 08:47 PM

I'm a down to earth person and would normally tell someone like him to go forth in short sharp jerky movements, so I feel quite proud I give him my time and patience - I'm not usually known for my patience. I hope Him Up There gives me a medal when I get up there

You are in a similar position to my brother-in-law's wife, Pesta, and I commend you both for your approach. I don't know that I would be so considerate, tbh.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

You are in a similar position to my brother-in-law's wife, Pesta, and I commend you both for your approach. I don't know that I would be so considerate, tbh.
Thank you LT I'd like to bet that if push came to shove, you'd do the same though.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top