Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:40 PM

Re: Rant alert - re Lockdown!

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
This is what I find irritating.

Folk highlighting in the middle of a pandemic about the suffering of others, in whatever capacity. Cue the bandwagon of the faux caring brigade who under normal times, never lift a finger to help alleviate others' sufferings.

Hello???? It goes on 24/7 every day of every year. The pandemic has heightened what already exists.

Suffering isn't just for pandemics - like dogs aren't just for Christmas.

Art, you've had the whole of your life to do something for others, not just in the middle of a pandemic - which is a year on now BTW, so you've had plenty of time to do something if you care so much.

But wait - the volunteer forms are too intrusive you say, so you won't do it. Which does rather speak volumes about how truly caring one might or might not be.

Oh why don’t you just shut up!

How do you know what l do in my daily life. You know why? Because l don’t come on here and brag about it.
Pesta, you know nothing about me or what l do.

Also, l didn’t highlight anything. It doesn’t seem to work on my iPad!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh why don’t you just shut up!

How do you know what l do in my daily life. You know why? Because l don’t come on here and brag about it.
Pesta, you know nothing about me or what l do.

Also, l didn’t highlight anything. It doesn’t seem to work on my iPad!
I'm quoting what you've already said on here yourself Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm quoting what you've already said on here yourself Art.
...and?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:10 PM

My opinion is my own, you may try and change my opinion, I don’t mind that, in other words try and see outside of it, other than that, please don’t force your opinion onto me, it’s called respect, the rows my son and I, used to have over opinions, we have both matured in that area, no longer do we force the other,to believe that their opinion is higher/ right than the other......

We now agree to, “ agree to disagree”.....it’s all this “finger pointing “ so unnecessary.....but, on saying that, we all get off days, when we take what is said personally.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-02-2021, 05:39 PM

PS Pesta. I forgot to add. Before the lockdown l actually was a volunteer for an organisation.
See... You really don’t know me at all!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 07:32 PM

.....and breath everybody ..
.....now say after me...
''I will be calm I will transcend all arguments to reach a higher plane'...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
.....and breath everybody ..
.....now say after me...
''I will be calm I will transcend all arguments to reach a higher plane'...

Meg - I do apologize for starting this thread - it was not my intention to start an argument.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Meg - I do apologize for starting this thread - it was not my intention to start an argument.
No problem ST it's good to have a chance to express our feelings during lockdown all that pent up energy...
As long as no one comes to blows that fine

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:34 PM

To avoid confusion I don't help anyone except family and a couple of neighbours, I never answer the phone, except my mobile, because only those close to me have my mobile number so it must be urgent, but they very rarely call me because I hate phones and they know it......If people want me they know where I live, or they can get a message to me on the forum where I mostly hang out......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

It's not your fault if people can't control their emotions Tabby, I agree with everything you said in the O/P....

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top