Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:43 PM

Puddings?

What do you have for afters? (if anything)

We don't very often bother with a proper pudding but we do like a bit of something for afters.

Usually it's a cup of coffee & 1/2 doz squares of Cadburys milk chocolate

OR.

A dish of ice cream.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:09 PM

Re: Puddings?

Carol I love puddings but avoid sugar these days so don't very often eat them apart from fruit compote which I have most days for health reasons .
Today was pink rhubarb (forced in Yorkshire ) gently cooked in the grated rind and juice on oranges which takes away some of the tartness. I do add a tiny bit of soft brown sugar.

Now I have eaten all the damsons and plumbs from the freezer I buy frozen 3 kilo bags of blackcurrant, gooseberries , plums online (they arrive in a special box) and I have one of those cooked.

In the summer, raspberries and strawberries.

On a naughty day I will make a small microwave sponge with masses of grated ginger in it , they take about 5 mins to prepare and a couple to cook
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:12 PM

Wine?

We don't eat desserts anymore. Partial to a square or two of dark chocolate, but that's all really. My favourite dessert ever is hot cherry pie and ice cream, YUM!
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:18 PM

My very last treat will be a deep fried snickerz drenched in a flaggon of maple syrup topped with cream. I have the undertaker on speed dial should I have time to free my head from the bucket
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:27 PM

I often have a dessert of some kind. For today and running into the week, a trifle.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:36 PM

No desserts for me usually but, I am rather partial to a good home-made Bramley apple pie with thick cream or custard, rhubarb crumble & custard, lemon merengue, or tiramisu.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:45 PM

If I had my way, I'd eat crumble and custard, fruit pie and custard or suet puddings and custard - you get the idea. I love those, but rarely have them.

I never had a 'sweet' after a meal, unless I went out for a meal, and that was rare as I was usually too full.

Since the pandemic however, I've got into the habit of either having a couple (or three) digestives or a chocolate bar.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:53 PM

at the beginning of the first lockdown Mrs M asked if there was anything i fancied for a change. We had not had bread and butter pudding for years, so that was it, we have had it more or less every week since, but as our lunch meal, with custard
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:12 PM

I do have a yoghurt after lunch every day as I just need that sweetness but i do love a real pudding if I've been out for a meal .

I also love home made rice pudding
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I do have a yoghurt after lunch every day as I just need that sweetness but i do love a real pudding if I've been out for a meal .

I also love home made rice puddi
ng
With skin on the top Susan? My gran used to make a gorgeous rice pudding. I vaguely remember it was in the oven for hours, with lots of additions of butter and milk (I think).
I hated the skin but loved the rice pudding. Yum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top