Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 08:50 AM

Re: Over indulged.

I over indulged in cake over the weekend. Mr B walked up to the shops on Saturday and came home with a box of six cakes from a relatively new cake shop on our high street. They are the talk of the town, such fabulous, over-indulgent cakes - all tray bakes made with rich, gooey ingredients, lots of chocolate and fruit. My favourite is a slab of Milky Bar tray bake, filled with white chocolatey, gooey lushness, and topped with a large square of Milky Bar.

And then on Sunday my daughter gave me a birthday cake.

So yes, I definitely over-indulged in the cake department
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-07-2021, 09:16 AM

I must say, Carol, you're very photogenic aren't you?! Lovely picture!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:40 AM

I am afraid the days of over indulging are gone for me if I eat too much I risk nasty effects like fainting.

Enjoy it
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I over indulged in cake over the weekend. Mr B walked up to the shops on Saturday and came home with a box of six cakes from a relatively new cake shop on our high street. They are the talk of the town, such fabulous, over-indulgent cakes - all tray bakes made with rich, gooey ingredients, lots of chocolate and fruit. My favourite is a slab of Milky Bar tray bake, filled with white chocolatey, gooey lushness, and topped with a large square of Milky Bar.

And then on Sunday my daughter gave me a birthday cake.

So yes, I definitely over-indulged in the cake department
Oh...stop it , I want some of that traybake....
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 12:30 PM

Yes Carol...I've been known to over indulge ,,,,chocolate, cakes, wine....you and your friend look like you're enjoying it.....good for you girl
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 01:01 PM

Good for you and isn't it great to at last be able to get out and have the opportunity to over-indulge again?

When was the last time I over-indulged?
Three years ago, before the operation that now prevents me from eating anything other than small meals.
But I can look ................
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Main course - I had salmon with new potatoes & veg. It doesn't sound over indulgent but it was a really big plate full & I was quite full up after.

Having a desert was just gluttony!
Excellent main course! Salmon is one of my all time favourites with new potatoes. I don't have deserts - not because of gluttony - just not my thing. But a fresh coffee makes the meal for me..............

That said, we haven't a meal out in at least a year for various reasons.
butterscotch
New Member!
US
butterscotch is female 

28-07-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Main course - I had salmon with new potatoes & veg. It doesn't sound over indulgent but it was a really big plate full & I was quite full up after.

Having a desert was just gluttony!
Sounds both healthful and delicious. A treat at the end was deserved.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 04:35 PM

I could definitely over indulge with fish and chips!

It’s horrid that all the nice yummy food, is so bad for you!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I must say, Carol, you're very photogenic aren't you?! Lovely picture!

Aw thanks Coder.

Good thing it's a picture & not in the flesh!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top