Join for free
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 08:17 PM

Maddy McCann

I read in the paper yesterday that the Police have put aside quite a lot of money to continue the search for Madeleine McCann for the next six months. Is it fair to continue using tax payers money on this one little girl, when the police themselves are over stretched,and what of other missing children ?I know this was a terrible thing to happen ,and naturally her parents want her found, but is it likely after all this time?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 08:50 PM

Re: Maddy McCann

Quote....Is it fair to continue using tax payers money on this one little girl, when the police themselves are over stretched,and what of other missing children ..unquote .

If the Police can find what happened to Madeleine they may well find other missing children so it will be money well spent..
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 09:06 PM

They will find nothing, pointless expenditure.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 10:57 PM

Too much money has already been wasted on whitewash and red herrings.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:42 PM

I have always felt very sorry for Maddy's parents.
On the other hand, I honestly think I might feel a tad resentful at all the money and publicity this sad case has had, if my child had also been stolen and never found, but no one helped me half as much.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 05:58 AM

I never thought the parents were guilty. I always thought they were just victims of some terrible crime until I read the police interviews that were published online.

Now, Im sorry but I dont beleive them. I think that poor child is long dead and buried and no amount of money is going to help find her.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 06:07 AM

I agree that she must be long dead now, probably the same night that she disappeared, and as awful as it was, I have often wondered what made the McCann's so special that so much was spent on a crime that happened abroad. Personally I think it was quite insulting to Portugal not to leave the investigation to them, rather than send the Met over there to tread all over their toes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Every year the cost of investigating violent crimes including murders cost the country billions of pounds...

In 2012 murder was thought to have cost the economy £1.3 billion, while other violent crimes were thought to have cost as much as £45 billion.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1001...-suggests.html

We rarely get to hear how much each murder investigation costs. I have read that the ineptitude of the police in investigating the Stephen Lawrence case cost an estimated £30 million pounds
http://www.channel4.com/news/we-have...ry-heavy-price.

Had the McCann case taken place in this country the cost of the investigation would have been just a tiny part of the total cost of cases so not evident.
I understand Murder cases stay open unless they are solved and even those unsolved case which happened many years ago have a small number of people working on them at some cost to the overall budget so the McCann investigation would have been ongoing indefinitely had it taken place here unless it had been resolved.

I think any expenditure is only being discussed because our police are investigating as part of an enquiry in another country so the cost is separated out.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I agree that she must be long dead now, probably the same night that she disappeared, and as awful as it was, I have often wondered what made the McCann's so special that so much was spent on a crime that happened abroad. Personally I think it was quite insulting to Portugal not to leave the investigation to them, rather than send the Met over there to tread all over their toes.
Must agree with you Plantman.
The Met should never have taken over after all the Portuguese know the terrain and what exactly goes on in their own country the Met should only have been allowed to assist if extra police where needed but under the guidance of the Portuguese.
Has for the extra £2 mill on top of the already estimated £10 mill spent well I have never been in the situation of losing a child thank god, but I know if I did any amount of money would not be enough.
My heart goes out for Madelaine has for the parents I will leave my mind open on her dissapearance. Except to say what kind of people would leave their children unattended whilst going down to a bar. Sorry but that was unthinkable and inexcusable in my book. How they were still allowed to keep their other children I just cannot understand.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 09:48 AM

I also feel she passed away years ago.
I think Portugal seems to forget that around the same time
as Maddy disappearing another girl did. She was Portuguese
and about the same age. She was taken from outside her own
house where she was playing.
They found her body a few days later in the river but along
way down stream from where she lived. She had been murdered
not drowned.
There seems to have been around the holiday resort a lot of
you know whats beginning with P who were watching children
at that complex. They don't keep them forever, they use them
and then kill them if the shock hasn't already killed them.
Why the McCanns have got so much money we will never know
but as a Police force you have to look at a disappearance of a child
different ways not just the one way of the parents doing it
in their case. That's where the Portuguese police fell down in
their investigations. They let the perpetrators get away.

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top