Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 08:17 AM

Singapore... done !

Another trade deal all signed up. Well done Liz Truss !

https://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN28K0B6
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 08:31 AM

Re: Singapore... done !

Excellent let’s hope there are more .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Excellent let’s hope there are more .

Vietnam next...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 09:44 AM

This is the UK's first trade deal with an Association of Southeast Asian Nations country.
Comprising 10 countries it has a combined population of over 660 million - around a third larger than that of the EU.

Singapore is the ASEAN's financial and trading hub which is what presents great opportunities for the UK, and this could in fact be the single most important initial deal to date for a newly-independent UK.
All along many Brexit supporters have argued that the major future growth potential is in that part of the world, whilst the EU continues to decline; now we are in a very good position to truly benefit from that growth area.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 11:16 AM

Liz Truss seems to be doing a great job and getting on with it with a minimum of fuss .
Maybe she should have been doing the trade negotiations with the EU .
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Liz Truss seems to be doing a great job and getting on with it with a minimum of fuss .
Maybe she should have been doing the trade negotiations with the EU .
TBH I think you'd have a difficult task finding anyone who could do better then Lord Frost has done.
That guy has been truly excellent.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 12:29 PM

Yes, Well done Liz Truss. I did read somewhere a little while ago, sorry, just cannot recall where - it's probably an age thing!! that we now have over 50 of the 70 trade deals as a new independent country once again, that we had whilst a prisoner of the EU. If true, that is brilliant.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
TBH I think you'd have a difficult task finding anyone who could do better then Lord Frost has done.
That guy has been truly excellent.
Yes, lnwould agree with that Zaphod !
I think the reason he has done so well is that he realises where and
what our so called "red lines" really are ?
He has been like the proverbial brick wall over them !!
Boris has followed suit so far but his final test is this Sunday?
He really MUST cancel any more talking untill january but leave it
up to EU to make any advances !!
WTO trade must be our policy now, there should be little disruption
as both eu and uk are both trading under those rules allready
with non eu countries !!
Allthough eu will probably contrive to cause some??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-12-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, Well done Liz Truss. I did read somewhere a little while ago, sorry, just cannot recall where - it's probably an age thing!! that we now have over 50 of the 70 trade deals as a new independent country once again, that we had whilst a prisoner of the EU. If true, that is brilliant.
We have all the important ones done - I don't personally see the EU as one of them, considering we could make around 6% of tax revenue of everything coming in from the EU.

I can see our zero rated tariffs on 80% of our imports changing of we leave with no deal from the EU.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We have all the important ones done - I don't personally see the EU as one of them, considering we could make around 6% of tax revenue of everything coming in from the EU.

I can see our zero rated tariffs on 80% of our imports changing of we leave with no deal from the EU.
Yes l think so too Bread !
And any tarriffs they apply to the little bits we export to them will
provide an incentive to those companies to diversify their markets?

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top