Join for free
Page 13 of 25 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Simple fact of life,

Boris says he had an Oven Ready Deal.
He might have had a deal, but Barmy didn't like it.

Gove said, Nobody voted for No Deal.
I did.

Reality they are both lying gits who have been outmanovered by the EU.
No they haven't. They haven't given in to any of their demands yet and know that if they do they'll suffer for it in the long run.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:02 PM

Hi

Simple fact of life,

We deserve better.
"Outmanoverd [sic] by the EU?

That's a joke, right?
Watching the EU squirm and bluster as they have been doing is the UK outmaneuvered?
Righty-ho.

The EU are pooping themselves.
Literally pooping themselves.
Frosty deserves a knighthood for refusing to budge and for showing the EU to be exactly what they are - a bunch of bullies.

We got better as soon as Boris was voted in by a sensible electorate, and he's not doing bad on many fronts at an extremely difficult time - despite what some of our biased media try so hard to suggest.
Deals are being done and many other preperations are ready for the day we are out and tactically it has already been proven that we can move much faster than the EU and others when it matters.

The "oven ready deal" is still ready - but the EU (and French especially) don't like it only because geographically we are too close to them.
That, even you must admit, is the weakest excuse going.
Not that either I nor Boris are afraid of no deal, nor many others.
Bring it on, say I.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:15 PM

Hi

Simple fact of life,

We deserve better.
OK then, money where your mouth (well, typing finger) is time. Who do YOU think would do a better job?

Personally, I don't think that Boris has done a bad job these last 12 months. He's achieved more in that time than the last 3 PMs and John Major did in their whole tenure at No. 10 according to 1 of the articles I read in today's DMail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-vaccine.html
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:16 PM

Hi

Simple fact of life,

We deserve better.
"Oven Ready Deal" referred to the WA not a trade deal. Amazing how many people make that mistake.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Frosty deserves a knighthood for refusing to budge and for showing the EU to be exactly what they are - a bunch of bullies.
Errmmm .. 'Frosty' already has a gong and that's why he is known as Lord David Frost, the UK’s Brexit Negotiator. He also has the handle Baron Frost CMG
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Errmmm .. 'Frosty' already has a gong and that's why he is known as Lord David Frost, the UK’s Brexit Negotiator. He also has the handle Baron Frost CMG
IMHO, Frosty should be promoted to a Dukedom for all the crap he's had to put up with from Barnier et al.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->

Heh heh heh - yes I know it's Lord Frost.
Swimmy gets me so riled sometimes ............ I meant a sainthood.
Saint Frost, the saviour of the UK.

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
IMHO, Frosty should be promoted to a Dukedom for all the crap he's had to put up with from Barnier et al.
I could go for that, though I still think Saint Frost is a possibublity!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:48 PM

Hi

I simply do not understand why anyone who criticises Boris is considered to be a remainer.

We are not, we just understand that this game plan, which was all down to Dominick Cummings did not work.

He has now gone, leaving Boris to carry the can,
Zaphod
Lincs UK

05-12-2020, 05:54 PM

Hi

I simply do not understand why anyone who criticises Boris is considered to be a remainer.

We are not, we just understand that this game plan, which was all down to Dominick Cummings did not work.

He has now gone, leaving Boris to carry the can,
I simply do not know why somebody can be so anti- everything to do with our government.

It might have escaped your attention, but Boris hired Cummings & not the other way around.
Cummings therefore always worked for Boris.
The game plan has been Boris's all along, that's why he is Prime Minister and it is why the stance hasn't changed since Cummings left No.10.

What you think you understand is in reality just your imagination running riot, aided no doubt by media influence.
Your "we" is pretty much just you because I've not seen anybody else claim to know the game plan.
When most of us comment we, for that very reason, tend to use IMHO or similar.

Are you going to answer Percy's question from earlier?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Heh heh heh - yes I know it's Lord Frost.
Swimmy gets me so riled sometimes ............ I meant a sainthood.
Saint Frost, the saviour of the UK.

I could go for that, though I still think Saint Frost is a possibublity!
Hi

Such is life.

I am very proud of being sacked for being too aggresive in negotiations with the French.

My attitude was described as being unhelpful.

It was, I was paid to put the UK first.

I am retired for 4 years now.

It still annoys me that having to give up hours every Friday for years to have to go to Newbury or Brussels to tell the French to swan off.

It is a long trip from Shropshire to Newbury, even longer to get the Eurostar to Brussels.

Absolutely no need for it.

I could say No very very easily on the phone or Internet,

I am a very blunt Northener,

No Political Backing at all.

May was bad, Boris is even worse.

Page 13 of 25 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top