Join for free
Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:05 AM

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Thank you for saving me from wasting even more electrons.

Isn't it remarkable the lengths that those who hate the thought of Brexit will go to just in order to confirm their personal bias?
Even if they live on the other side of planet Earth!

Poor Bruce, getting his underwear in knots by the looks of it.
Fella, it's now quite obvious that you are the one that little tirade applies to and not me.
You might like to look up how being in the Commonwealth and having the Queen as Head of State is purely voluntary; also that the Queen's position is mostly ceremonial.
As is confirmed when you say that Oz makes it's own rules and laws ....... and has since 1901 as I said!
Or that your previous PM Rudd along with many others has said that there will be another referendum to remove the Queen?

If I were you Bruce I should be devoting more time to learning about the country you live in, because you seem to have a severe lack of knowledge about current affairs and recent history in Australia which is making you look pretty foolish.

Bruce left the UK when it was part of the EU to move to a country with no trade deals with the EU at all.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Bruce left the UK when it was part of the EU to move to a country with no trade deals with the EU at all.
Oh lordy, PLEASE don't bring more facts about Bruce's similarities in OZ and the UK's leaving the EU!

I guess the obvious comparison with poor Bruce and his hatred of Brexit is the hatred of ex-smokers towards the smell of smoke.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 12:27 PM

Oh lordy, PLEASE don't bring more facts about Bruce's similarities in OZ and the UK's leaving the EU!

I guess the obvious comparison with poor Bruce and his hatred of Brexit is the hatred of ex-smokers towards the smell of smoke.
I think he just needs convincing that leaving the UK in favour of living in Australia was the right decision. I don't think he has made his mind up yet.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 12:37 PM

My doubt was about the ability of Clown Prince Boris and his cronies to successfully lead, a doubt based on their past performance. It was not about why you are leaving the EU.

As l have told you earlier Brucy! At least Clown Prince Boris is trying
to carry out the wishes of the electorate, as opposed to the rest of
the establishment who are seeking desperately to thwart or dilute
the effects of OUR decision to exit the EU !!
That is after all what democracy is about isnt it??
Perhaps you should go and google the word DEMOCRACY??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think he just needs convincing that leaving the UK in favour of living in Australia was the right decision. I don't think he has made his mind up yet.
That exactly, Bread !!

Donkeyman! 😁😁
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 12:55 PM

Ah, are we seeing the opinions of an outsider reliant upon media and the biases of a few UK family and friends merely assuaging concerns and massaging an ego?

The previous 3 years have been the result of a combination of blatant attempts to thwart Brexit from UK politicians and the coercive nature of EU politicians.
That much is very widely accepted

The stance for a year now from the UK has been consistent, but the EU seem to harbour hope that - despite a referendum AND a pretty decisive General Election confirming what the British public wants - they will see the UK submit to a loss of sovereignty which is unheard-of outside times of war.
That is not likely to happen and there is no way can the EU not realize that.
Ergo they seek either domination/submission or no deal.
There simply cannot be any other reason for the EU's current stance.

As for our government and Boris - you really do need to stop paying so much attention to what UK media is saying, because the bias therein is little short of incredible.
Far from the "lurching" and supposed crises you (and our media, which is where presumsably you base your opinions) suggest, this government under Boris seem to have a pretty firm grip on Brexit at least.
Deals are being done and preperations made, though some UK business does seen somewhat reluctant to prepare for what increasingly looks inevitable.

There is no "crisis" and never has been, except perhaps for the stress placed upon our NHS by Covid - but in case you hadn't noticed, the entire world is affected by that including your own Oz.
Any allegations of crisis are fabrications of the media and those determined to promote unrest for whatever reason.
The fact is that - despite Covid and Brexit - the country is actually coping admirably well.

Despite the hopes of some, mostly fanatical about some lost cause or other, the simple fact is that the UK will not sink - and nor will it drift off into mid-Atlantic.
The likelihood is that for the most part things will continue as before, with few changes.
Those changes are what the UK voted for.
Twice.
The EU and indeed the world are looking on to see how well the UK will fare once out of the grasp of the EU.
The likelihood is that the UK will do far better outside than inside.
Well said!

I find it best just to ignore the remoaners. They have no real influence beyond whingeing among themselves. I wonder for how much longer they will go on after the end of this year. I think they will peter out quite quickly afterwards and have to find something else to moan about.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 02:25 PM

*** Please do not discuss other members on the forum.
Thank you.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 05:51 PM

This from France24 just minutes ago:
' "We are quickly approaching a make or break moment in the Brexit talks," Barnier told a video meeting of European envoys, a diplomat said, in an account of the video talks confirmed by other sources. '
https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...talks-grind-on

' Diplomats said Barnier explained that the success or failure of the talks would be decided in the next few days, possibly late on Thursday or Friday. '
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 06:52 PM

This from France24 just minutes ago:
' "We are quickly approaching a make or break moment in the Brexit talks," Barnier told a video meeting of European envoys, a diplomat said, in an account of the video talks confirmed by other sources. '
https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...talks-grind-on

' Diplomats said Barnier explained that the success or failure of the talks would be decided in the next few days, possibly late on Thursday or Friday. '
According to that source:

"Barnier's briefing to envoys came after certain member states -- notably France and the Netherlands -- expressed concerns that the EU negotiation team was giving in too much to UK demands."

Are we making any demands? First I've heard of it!

As far as I'm aware, we are simply insisting on becoming an independent sovereign state after the end of the year. That is all we are 'demanding'.

It's the Frogs who are doing all the demanding: demanding that we continue to leave them the majority of our fishing area rights, demanding that we follow their 'level playing field' rules, demanding that we remain subject to ECJ rulings, and demanding that we effectively hand over Northern Ireland to their control.

They have a bit of a nerve, but then it is a French web site.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-12-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
According to that source:

"Barnier's briefing to envoys came after certain member states -- notably France and the Netherlands -- expressed concerns that the EU negotiation team was giving in too much to UK demands."

Are we making any demands? First I've heard of it!

As far as I'm aware, we are simply insisting on becoming an independent sovereign state after the end of the year. That is all we are 'demanding'.

It's the Frogs who are doing all the demanding: demanding that we continue to leave them the majority of our fishing area rights, demanding that we follow their 'level playing field' rules, demanding that we remain subject to ECJ rulings, and demanding that we effectively hand over Northern Ireland to their control.

They have a bit of a nerve, but then it is a French web site.
Top post JBR ^^^

Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top