Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 01:38 PM

Millions without heat

Across Texas, USA millions of people have been left without lights or heat when the entire electric grid collapsed during brutal winter storms. According to the news, dozens of people have frozen to death as temperatures plunge into -20 below zero C.
No indication yet when the electricity will be restored as the storms continue.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 01:41 PM

Re: Millions without heat

I saw that on the news, its tragic! Texas just wasn't built for bad weather. Nobody was prepared for the severity of that storm at all.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 02:23 PM

All these tragedies happening one thing and another wiping people out , but who could have anticipated this ?
Dreadful for all those people !
Now this A so-called "boil water notice" has been issued for the city of Houston and surrounding areas, with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advising that all water planned for consumption - even if filtered - must be boiled as it may be contaminated.
Only boiled or bottled water should be used, including for brushing teeth, the CDC said
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 02:26 PM

Awful poor souls. I cant immagine the horror .
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 02:29 PM

Oh, it's terrible for them, it just seems to be one thing after another it's been a terrible year for everyone
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
All these tragedies happening one thing and another wiping people out , but who could have anticipated this ?
Dreadful for all those people !
Now this A so-called "boil water notice" has been issued for the city of Houston and surrounding areas, with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advising that all water planned for consumption - even if filtered - must be boiled as it may be contaminated.
Only boiled or bottled water should be used, including for brushing teeth, the CDC said
How are you supposed to boil water when you have no power? Its not like you could make a little campfire outside or anything. They would be better providing water filters, or those sterilising tablets.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
How are you supposed to boil water when you have no power? Its not like you could make a little campfire outside or anything.
I saw on the news that some folks are doing precisely that. Some are cooking all their food over a charcoal fire. Simply a dreadful situation.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
How are you supposed to boil water when you have no power? Its not like you could make a little campfire outside or anything. They would be better providing water filters, or those sterilising tablets.
Some will have gas ?
I worry sometimes if we have a very long power cut how I’ll make a hot drink even because I’m on electric.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 02:57 PM

I saw this on the news. Terrible that people have died.
So much for global warming, more like global freezing. Though they are now calling it climate change.
I feel for all those who have no power.
You need electricity for everything, even our gas central heating works with electricity, to prime the burners.

No power no heating & I am all electric too, Zuleika.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 03:08 PM

Yes, it is horrific situation, and not likely to be repaired in a day or two. So sad, as many of us have relatives and friends in Texas, and simply are helpless.
We take so much for granted.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top