Join for free
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:09 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Originally Posted by carol ->
It would be the kind of bollard that can be laid flat when we need to get out of the garage & put back upright. Operated manually. Locked with a key.

Mine is lowered into the ground, also with a key...very heavy...but it’s always left up.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:15 PM

Caltrops on your land. Amazon sell them. I REALLY would.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Caltrops on your land. Amazon sell them. I REALLY would.

I couldn’t do that, in case they had an accident and died...which is highly likely with, Caltrops......is that legal, to put them on your drive?

I think they are illegal....Carol....plus dangerous and antagonistic....your tyres could end up being punctured.

Carol....why not try , mediation with a mediator?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:32 PM

Found this link. Best you check out all legality options for peace of mind. Council should be able to give advice and police.

https://www.atgaccess.com/news/insig...y-bollard-tips
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I couldn’t do that, in case they had an accident and died...which is highly likely with, Caltrops......is that legal, to put them on your drive?

I think they are illegal....Carol....plus dangerous and antagonistic....your tyres could end up being punctured.

Carol....why not try , mediation with a mediator?
Caltrops can be bought that rapidly deflate a tyre in the way that police stingers do.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-01-2021, 03:42 PM

Carol,they are illegal, just asked a police officer on..111.sorry I meant 101.dont use them,or you will be liable.

Obviously make your own enquires, as I live in Hampshire.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:48 PM

Carol,

This looks to be a lose/lose situation.

The safest advice would be to do nothing.

If you're not happy with that, get a solicitor involved and see what is legally possible & finanially practical.

Watching programs like "Nightmare Neighbour next door" show what goes on, not very encouraging.

What's missing, in my opinion, is a big beefy friend who would go round for a chat.

If you put a bollard there, make sure you have a camera recording any "events".

If someone damages the bollard you'd have them bang to rights.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:54 PM

We don't have bollards on private drives over here, so I may be misunderstanding, but wouldn't a bollard created a problem for you and your husband? You would have to get in and out of the car to manage the thing, sometimes in bad weather. In addition to the costs (including maintenance and repair if someone hits it), it wouldn't be just an inconvenience, but an additional falling risk, too. There is also the risk that you could run into it too. Then there is the problem of delivery drivers, friends, family....

Your neighbor would get satisfaction every time you had to fuss with the thing.

I would just smile and wave every time you see him, and not allow him to take up so much space in your mind.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Carol,

This looks to be a lose/lose situation.

The safest advice would be to do nothing.

If you're not happy with that, get a solicitor involved and see what is legally possible & finanially practical.

Watching programs like "Nightmare Neighbour next door" show what goes on, not very encouraging.

What's missing, in my opinion, is a big beefy friend who would go round for a chat.
I agree with Tedc. Carol, IMO you are just asking for BIG trouble. If your neighbor is as much a bully as you say, there is no end to the trouble he could cause you. Slashed car tires, in the middle of the night, come to mind.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-01-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Carol,they are illegal, just asked a police officer on..111.sorry I meant 101.dont use them,or you will be liable.

Obviously make your own enquires, as I live in Hampshire.
Ask again. Use of caltrops on your property is NOT illegal especially if combined with a gate of some sort.

Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top