Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:07 PM

Have you ventured out in it?

I still like to get outside for a bit if I can.

Here's me just setting off on a walk earlier. Our side lane is very icy & slippery but not so bad once I got off it.

What's it like in your area & have you ventured out in it?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	icy.lane.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	14760  
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:11 PM

Re: Have you ventured out in it?

Yes - I had to take Diva Dog out a few times. Both of us were gingerly stepping carefully over sheet ice so as not to end up on our backsides. She delicately hovered to do her business and we inched our way back home. 20 minutes for a 2 second pee! It is lethal out there. You look cosy though, Carol!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:53 PM

Not to bad here now,Carol, went over to the petrol station ,for some coke,just walking carefully,Jack is on his halti ,so he can’t pull me over.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:04 PM

Carol, I’m having to clear the snow from around the care home footpaths and then try to keep them clear with plenty of rocksalt
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:04 PM

I am actual enjoying the hard frost it is much easier for Chloe and me to walk on frozen fields than through thick mud.

I go for a walk 3 times a day whatever the weather or my health Once you stop doing things like that it is the beginning of the end, so keep going I say
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:07 PM

I don't go out at all at the moment, only if I have appointments to attend. I'm playing it safe still.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:09 PM

We are enjoying it, and in the we I include George and Murphy. I didnt think George would like snow, hes very fond of warm beds and cuddles but he was out there rolling in it and hes loving being able to track everything.

As long as the windchill isnt too brutal -15 was pushing it, we are out and about every day.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am actual enjoying the hard frost it is much easier for Chloe and me to walk on frozen fields than through thick mud.

I go for a walk 3 times a day whatever the weather or my health Once you stop doing things like that it is the beginning of the end, so keep going I say
Fancy taking Diva Dog too? I would walk for miles if she would come with me. I end up having to coax her or gently tug at her harness while she sits on her bum digging her paws in! She's getting on a bit now though so I forgive her. She goes to the beach like a shot though!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Fancy taking Diva Dog too? I would walk for miles if she would come with me. I end up having to coax her or gently tug at her harness while she sits on her bum digging her paws in! She's getting on a bit now though so I forgive her. She goes to the beach like a shot though!
No thanks Pixie 13 year old Chloe has decided she no longer wants to walk some days. Lots of expensive vet checks later no reasons for the reluctance to walk was found

Chloe will always walk home so on 'no walk' days I do a mixture of coaxing and carrying and she walks home.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:23 PM

Yes me and the hairy one are out every day....... Except yesterday, I was too knackered after 4 hours of snow shoveling. When we finally got into the car to go to the woods this morning it read minus 12 on the display.......More than a bit nippy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top