Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 07:57 AM

Great News for Teeside

Some more good news !

https://foxhole.news/2021/03/11/us-g...freeport-site/
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 01:02 PM

Re: Great News for Teeside

For those who do not like to open links without knowing the subject:

"US industrial giant GE has announced it will be building a new multi-million pound wind farm blade factory on Teesside, creating 750 jobs."

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 04:52 PM

Excellent news indeed. Such a shame that the Isle of Wight company that made them a number of years ago closed down because it was sold to a Danish wind sail maker.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Excellent news indeed. Such a shame that the Isle of Wight company that made them a number of years ago closed down because it was sold to a Danish wind sail maker.

I was born and bred on Teeside Percy. This kind of thing really is epic news for the area. I agree it's a pity the IoW company closed and it would be great if we could use them.

I remember the dole queues in the early 80s and my dad in the line with all his ex workmates. It's a lot different now up there thank god
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 05:04 PM

Sorry Bread, I could have made my point a little better. I agree with you about Teeside - it deserves everything it can get work-wise.

My point about the IoW company was that it was a British company owned and run by Brits. This new company is owned and run by an American company. You can bet your bottom $ that they won't be paying much in the way of any tax because of the way they load any debts onto their subsidiary companies.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-03-2021, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Sorry Bread, I could have made my point a little better. I agree with you about Teeside - it deserves everything it can get work-wise.

My point about the IoW company was that it was a British company owned and run by Brits. This new company is owned and run by an American company. You can bet your bottom $ that they won't be paying much in the way of any tax because of the way they load any debts onto their subsidiary companies.

Gotcha

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top