Join for free
Page 4 of 35 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:33 PM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Surely, if the current trade deal is not ratified, it can be torn up.............by either side.

So it's in the EU's interest to pull their finger out.
But it isn't!
Whatever they may say publicly and in the press, they clearly want to keep the current situation ticking over.

They like the trade deal that Boris sold us out to.
It benefits them more than us in many ways.

Why do you think they are still playing for time, and they know that Boris is on their side and happy for the present situation to continue.

I believe Boris is hoping that over the next three years we will begin to get used to things and forget about the continuing disadvantages.

He may even have a little trick up his sleeve, possibly in agreement with Brussels, to introduce some minor concession to make BRINO look good and to discourage us from turning away from his party in 2024.

In my opinion, we really do need a new leader. Not like Treason May and Boris, but someone we can trust.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But it isn't!
Whatever they may say publicly and in the press, they clearly want to keep the current situation ticking over.

They like the trade deal that Boris sold us out to.
It benefits them more than us in many ways.

Why do you think they are still playing for time, and they know that Boris is on their side and happy for the present situation to continue.

I believe Boris is hoping that over the next three years we will begin to get used to things and forget about the continuing disadvantages.

He may even have a little trick up his sleeve, possibly in agreement with Brussels, to introduce some minor concession to make BRINO look good and to discourage us from turning away from his party in 2024.

In my opinion, we really do need a new leader. Not like Treason May and Boris, but someone we can trust.

If they can spin this out until 2026 when the fisheries agreement ends, just out of coincidence it is also when our agreement with the EU on energy supply ends too.

Not difficult to work out what's going to happen...

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/brex...control-812197
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If they can spin this out until 2026 when the fisheries agreement ends, just out of coincidence it is also when our agreement with the EU on energy supply ends too.

Not difficult to work out what's going to happen...

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/brex...control-812197
I know what should be happening.
We should be building more nuclear power stations right now, not just because of the EU holding us to ransom, but also because of this other silly idea of banning petrol and diesel cars in favour of electric ones.

As for gas, I don't know the the solution if the EU cuts off our supply, other than making an agreement with Russia for an independent supply.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Surely, if the current trade deal is not ratified, it can be torn up.............by either side.

So it's in the EU's interest to pull their finger out.
You're using that nasty "common sense" argument again.
You know that using logic doesn't go down very well with the extremists.

It is indeed in their interests just as much as it is ours, which is why a deal was reached in the first place of course.
It might not be a perfect deal but since when has perfection been achieved in the world of politics?
There are, as with every deal, winners and losers as well as satisfied and dissatisfied.
Quite honestly, after nigh-on fifty years of integration what did some people expect?

It's quite funny seeing the whinging on display and then - at the same time - seeing the positive aspects discussed and cheered by the same posters, as with the UK's vaccination plan and the number of new offices for financial services.

If the whingers here think there are problems now they really ought to have the nous to understand that having no deal would inevitably have led to more and larger problems.
As it is, it is going to take time for the dust to settle and for us to reach a new "normal".
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You're using that nasty "common sense" argument again.
You know that using logic doesn't go down very well with the extremists.

Sorry.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 10:53 AM

Looks like UK recovery could be well and truly shafted if Sunak brings in his corporation tax hikes and capital gains tax hikes.

If this is true this is seriously bad news for Brexit Britain. This along with the IR35 rules will effectively destroy thousands of small businesses and service providers.

https://order-order.com/2021/02/25/r...ive-tax-hikes/
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 11:03 AM

Looks like UK recovery could be well and truly shafted if Sunak brings in his corporation tax hikes and capital gains tax hikes.

If this is true this is seriously bad news for Brexit Britain. This along with the IR35 rules will effectively destroy thousands of small businesses and service providers.

"If".
Nothing has actually been said & the budget is on Wednesday next week.

It's all speculation; theorizing; guesswork.
By whom?
Our media, perchance?
Or is it a bit of a "nudge" reminder that Tory strategy is to cut corporation tax and that this has the effect of increasing receipts?

PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 11:08 AM

I don't know Bread, you must walk around in a state of perpetual panic.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-02-2021, 11:20 AM

I don't know all the ins and outs of this particular matter, but our present situation does tend to suggest that there are groups within our government and, of course, the civil service which ally themselves with the EU.

I have never understood why our own people should do this (including the common remoaners as well, of course). Perhaps it is in their own personal interests to support a foreign power.
Of course, we had Moseley and the Black Shirts during the Second World War.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

25-02-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't know all the ins and outs of this particular matter, but our present situation does tend to suggest that there are groups within our government and, of course, the civil service which ally themselves with the EU.

I have never understood why our own people should do this (including the common remoaners as well, of course). Perhaps it is in their own personal interests to support a foreign power.
Of course, we had Moseley and the Black Shirts during the Second World War.
That's true enough; history does indeed suggest that such nefarious practices are not uncommon.
It's the size of the factions which counts though and here I think is where the current government holds the upper hand - or at least it seems to.

I see for example that the ERG have proposed a solution to the Irish Sea difficulty, and this group is both influential and powerful within the party.

Page 4 of 35 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top