Join for free
Page 3 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 12:25 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What a great thing to have.
But sad that they feel the need of it ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 03:03 PM

Its such a tragic thing to happen, and my heart goes to the family. What shocked me too, was the wife/partner of the guy covering up for him? I'm sorry, but I will never understand that misplaced loyalty.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 07:10 PM

News is reporting that the guy has been rushed to hospital with head wounds. He was in his cell when they found him collapsed in there.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 07:14 PM

I am amazed at how much the police know so far.
It states in the papers they had him under surveillance for a few days since a bus’s camera showed Sarah in another road.

Some find CCTV cameras an intrusion on their lives but at times like this they are invaluable in helping investigations like this.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

11-03-2021, 07:18 PM

I know they say we are the most watched population in Europe, but frankly I don't care....I have nothing to be sneaky about, so I'd rather be safe. Why did they have him under surveillance, I wonder......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I know they say we are the most watched population in Europe, but frankly I don't care....I have nothing to be sneaky about, so I'd rather be safe. Why did they have him under surveillance, I wonder......
Maybe his car showed up on the bus’s camera?
It was said, the car he was driving could then be tracked for miles via CCTV from there on.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 09:30 PM

This is awful and I am confused as what has happened, I know a beautiful young girl has been found buried and a military policeman and his girl friend arrested . What on earth has happened

Why was this policeman being watched beforehand
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-03-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
This is awful and I am confused as what has happened, I know a beautiful young girl has been found buried and a military policeman and his girl friend arrested . What on earth has happened

Why was this policeman being watched beforehand
Susan, l think he was only being watched when he became a suspect. I read, they let him keep his firearm as they didn’t want to make him become suspicious that he was under surveillance.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
it doesn't matter how much you 'teach' men and scare women into thinking every man is a potential killer, women and girls will still be murdered by a small number of men.

By all means educate girls about taking measures to protect themselves but the yelling of strident voiced feminists helps no one.
It's a tragic event, but statistics at this UK government site show that 73% of homicide victims are male and 27% are female.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ndingmarch2020

Women are statistically at much less risk than men, with 506 male homicides and 188 female homicides, but male homicides seem to pass without much comment. Why does it take the tragic death of a woman to make people sit up and pay attention to the situation?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 10:47 PM

Yep, if I remember right, a guy in an area, in the wrong place at the wrong time, could be in serious Jeopardy.

Page 3 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top