Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Reminder to check your supermarket receipts

Was charged £1.98 today for an artificial plant. I never bought one, and certainly never had one in my trolley!

I always itemise and total my shopping as I go along, and the bill (before the book of stamps) should have been about £25, but it was over £26.

As I try to calculate the veggies I shrugged it off but checked it in the restaurant while waiting for lunch. There I found the rogue entry. Also, I was only charged for 1 milk, not 2. After all the amendments, the shortfall came to my own estimation.

I soon got my money back and told them about the milk undercharge.

You don't half have to keep on top of these things!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Re: Reminder to check your supermarket receipts

I always do - we use a calculator as we go around, then I know what the total should be. Did this when there were so many errors, only noticed when I got home !
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 03:54 PM

thanks for the reminder Jazzi. I used to check my receipts a few years ago after noticing I had items on my receipt which I had not bought. Out of the habit now but will check from now on.
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 03:54 PM

I'll do it in future, thanks for the advice jazzi.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 04:23 PM

I do most of my shopping on line, and check everything off as it arrives, any I do in shops I tend to add up as I go so I know what it should be when they ring it up at the tills. Doesn't stop some of them making mistakes though and our local morrisons is the worst I find.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do most of my shopping on line, and check everything off as it arrives, any I do in shops I tend to add up as I go so I know what it should be when they ring it up at the tills. Doesn't stop some of them making mistakes though and our local morrisons is the worst I find.
It WAS in Morrisons!! I keep threatening to send them a letter of complaint, because not only do I get overcharged, their items are either not priced, or are in the wrong place on the shelf. It's all over the store too, and I find this very frustrating.
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Always check your receipt and always check your change!! Twice very recently I have been in a rush and stuck my change and receipt in my pocket rather than in my purse. On checking later I've discovered I've been short changed......so how many times has this happened in the past when I'm putting the change in my purse?......My daughter said " check and accept" which I'm going to try to remember to do every time!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
It WAS in Morrisons!! I keep threatening to send them a letter of complaint, because not only do I get overcharged, their items are either not priced, or are in the wrong place on the shelf. It's all over the store too, and I find this very frustrating.
Oh that's bad I had assumed it was just my local store !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 10:10 AM

It is not just Supermarkets that you have to watch. We have a small general store in the village and they have recently employed a very surly teenage girl. On more than one occasion I thought I had been overcharged but, as she never gives a receipt, I could not prove it. Today I did. I had bought a pack of Wensleydale butter - price on pack £1, price on shelf £1 - when she put everything through the till and gave me my change I asked for the receipt. She handed it to me very ungraciously and immediately moved to the back of the shop. She had charged me £1:95p for the butter and was not happy at having to refund it. There was no apology. They have just lost a customer.
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It is not just Supermarkets that you have to watch. We have a small general store in the village and they have recently employed a very surly teenage girl. On more than one occasion I thought I had been overcharged but, as she never gives a receipt, I could not prove it. Today I did. I had bought a pack of Wensleydale butter - price on pack £1, price on shelf £1 - when she put everything through the till and gave me my change I asked for the receipt. She handed it to me very ungraciously and immediately moved to the back of the shop. She had charged me £1:95p for the butter and was not happy at having to refund it. There was no apology. They have just lost a customer.
Does the store have a till which scans the bar code or is it manual entry of the price from a sticker on the product? If it's manual then it's her at fault if it's bar code then the fault lies with the store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top