Join for free
Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Re: Anarchists or activists?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger;1794210[B
If that's what it takes to wake people up - yes.

I could present the counter argument, is it better to see increased awareness of the terrible damage to our environment, indeed the whole biosphere, than a bit of mess on a building?
Except that isn't what it takes.

What it takes is takes hard work.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Except that isn't what it takes.

What it takes is takes hard work.
And that is exactly what these eco-heros are engaging in.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And that is exactly what these eco-heros are engaging in.
Connect the dots with some specifics and tell me one outcome of this protest that has exacted a direct net benefit in measurable results.

BTW, you might be surprised about my work and politics on this. It's the shameful and costly arrogance of these people that are doing more damage than benefit. When you have a minute, go over and read OGF's thread in Science and Technology.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Connect the dots with some specifics and tell me one outcome of this protest that has exacted a direct net benefit in measurable results.

BTW, you might be surprised about my work and politics on this. It's the shameful and costly arrogance of these people that are doing more damage than benefit. When you have a minute, go over and read OGF's thread in Science and Technology.
As I stated before, they are forcing the public to sit up and take notice.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 06:54 PM

They are not forcing the public to take notice of anything,apart from the stupidity of what they are doing! Hey,look,I'm doing something stupid!

If i do stupid things,stupid people will say I'm doing something great!

Sensible people will say,oh look,stupid!

Two sides to every way of looking at things!

But only one way of looking stupid!

Work? Work is getting up at a God unawfull hour each day,and doing a JOB for eight to ten hours a day,on low wages,and not sponging off the government on the dole,and hiring a fire truck and defacing a government building,or being a rich kid from a rich family,and having the time to deface buildings and monuments,and because they feel they are above the law, because they come from a privileged background!

Hey,I'm immune,my Parents are,...........
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

04-10-2019, 07:56 PM

Well I consider what these people are doing is far more important than being a wage slave. What they are doing is part of a world wide revolution to save the environment that we have and are continuing to ruin.

For far too long we've been exploiting the future of future generations for our own gratification now.

There's so much more than can and should be done but untill people learn the why of the actions that must come down the pike they'll just whinge as so many folk are just on this forum

Personally I firmly believe in carbon trading and a market where carbon offsets can be traded. Also an increase in rationing.

Rationing of non-staple and even some staple foods for example. Leisure travel another.

But unless Joe Public have the disaster we face forced in front of them then even being aware that there is a looming disaster facing us when measures such as rationing are taken there would be howls of protest and more.

Good grief there is even denial that the global climate change that is taking place is being affected in any way by the abuse of the environment is credible.

There is an anology to this, the sense of entitlement so many people have to continue to live in unaffordable way but supported by the government running years of deficit budgets and so building up a huge financial debt for those who come after us to pay for our way of life today.

Even that is not well understood by TGUW (The Great Unwashed) who continually moan about the austerity measures that had to be applied and removed far too soon in order to prevent politicians being replaced by others who would promise what is unaffordable and make an awful situation even worse.

So it is with matters environmental.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 08:51 PM

As I stated before, they are forcing the public to sit up and take notice.
No they are not! They are alienating us.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

04-10-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No they are not! They are alienating us.
That's still taking notice. It's a start. Moreover it'll be making young people with more open minds question what it's all about.

A good indicator is the move towards vegetarianism and even veganism by the young.

It's a sign of enlightenment and even if they succumb to the attraction of a bacon butty or go the whole hog and nosh a whole hog - or bits thereof - they've started down the right road.

So folk may not like the untidy mess created by these eco-heroes or their tactics but they're getting the publicity which just has to be a good thing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 09:11 PM

That's still taking notice. It's a start. Moreover it'll be making young people with more open minds question what it's all about.

A good indicator is the move towards vegetarianism and even veganism by the young.

It's a sign of enlightenment and even if they succumb to the attraction of a bacon butty or go the whole hog and nosh a whole hog - or bits thereof - they've started down the right road.

So folk may not like the untidy mess created by these eco-heroes or their tactics but they're getting the publicity which just has to be a good thing.
Then they will end up deficient in iron and Vitamin B12 and become Anaemic. They will probably also be deficient in Vitamin D and become a burden to the NHS costing the country even more money.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Phil Kingston, 83, retired GP..... lsn’t he the one that glued himself to a train?
No that was Eve.

Eve O'stick.

Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top