Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:16 PM

Re: Have You Tried This? I Am Shocked!

Wot abaht use of maggots on open ulcers then? The things eat the dead flesh and so promote healing. Still very much in use.

Same with leeches, still used in medicine. I inadvertently picked a couple up years ago just outside Manaus and rather foolishly just poured neat vodka on them and yanked them off unknowingly leaving the mouth bits inside. Not a good thing to do in the rain forest!

The result was an awful infection that turned into shocking cellulitis that just wouldn't heal and just kept on recurring until I returned to the UK and spent weeks in hospital cos the infection had got into my leg bone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Wot abaht use of maggots on open ulcers then? The things eat the dead flesh and so promote healing. Still very much in use.

Same with leeches, still used in medicine
. I inadvertently picked a couple up years ago just outside Manaus and rather foolishly just poured neat vodka on them and yanked them off unknowingly leaving the mouth bits inside. Not a good thing to do in the rain forest!

The result was an awful infection that turned into shocking cellulitis that just wouldn't heal and just kept on recurring until I returned to the UK and spent weeks in hospital cos the infection had got into my leg bone.

No comparison, Todger.
Leeches and maggots are used externally. Nothing like a 30ft worm eating away at your intestines, IMO.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No comparison, Todger.
Leeches and maggots are used externally. Nothing like a 30ft worm eating away at your intestines, IMO.
Mups, 30ft? That’s going to be a tight fit in a 22ft long human, small intestine!!
Or did you mean.. width?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, 30ft? That’s going to be a tight fit in a 22ft long human, small intestine!!
Or did you mean.. width?

I may have underestimated according to this, Art.

" Tapeworm, also called cestode, any member of the invertebrate class Cestoda (phylum Platyhelminthes), a group of parasitic flatworms containing about 5,000 species. Tapeworms, which occur worldwide and range in size from about 1 mm (0.04 inch) to more than 15 m (50 feet), are internal parasites, affecting certain invertebrates and the liver or digestive tracts of all types of vertebrates—including humans, domestic animals, and other food animals, such as fish."
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 06:46 AM

I was thinking about this (I do that sometimes) if the tape worm grows so big surely having that creature inside you will weigh heavy and make you look big too in all the wrong places. Just a thought

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top