Join for free
Page 29 of 79 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 01:40 AM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Never joined Facebook twitter or anything except youtube

Those that are on all three you can call youtwitface
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
But so what if these companies track you? You give much more information to Fly Buy companies all for a few almost valueless frequent flyer points.Your mobile phone tracks you all the time, your oyster card everytime you travel. The world is awash with information about you. There is so much it is largely useless. On every free website you visit you are a product not a customer. But what does it matter?

You can chose - spend your life being paranoid that someone is watching you and then you die or you can enjoy everything the Internet offers and then die. The outcome is exactly the same.

Exactly. To hell with living with paranoia. Live life and enjoy it and stop taking it all so bloomin seriously.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 09:12 AM

Ditto to Myra's post above.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 09:41 AM

I must admit I have dabbled with Facebook usually at the request of friends and family. But have also removed myself from it on several occasions.

As someone who enjoys communication in various formats I just cannot get my head around this mode. I do have friends and family who use it but all they ever do is post photos of themselves in various poses and various usually inane comments about themselves and their boring social lives.

It comes over to me as just a world "bill board" - where you can just stick stickers or pics from time to time.

As a member of the human race I do believe this format is taking us backwards not forwards in our ability to communicate intelligently and with understanding with each other.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 09:45 AM

In answer to your question, a resounding NO!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I must admit I have dabbled with Facebook usually at the request of friends and family. But have also removed myself from it on several occasions.

As someone who enjoys communication in various formats I just cannot get my head around this mode. I do have friends and family who use it but all they ever do is post photos of themselves in various poses and various usually inane comments about themselves and their boring social lives.

It comes over to me as just a world "bill board" - where you can just stick stickers or pics from time to time.

As a member of the human race I do believe this format is taking us backwards not forwards in our ability to communicate intelligently and with understanding with each other.
That format is a MASSIVE format Gumbud! Whether you like it or not.

It can be great fun. It is also very private if you want it to be. No one but my friends can see anything on my profile. Not a thing

Some forums are able to be read without signing in or being a member. Okay, you can set your profile details to private, but most other things can be read by anyone.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 01:09 PM

Don't trust anything, there's alway's someone watching!!
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 01:13 PM

Got Facebook , can keep a eye on the foster children , adults now , it's ideal some time knowning were they are , if they are home , and who they mixing with ect
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

05-05-2015, 01:45 PM

My sons are all my friends on Facebook. Obviously I get to see what they post and vice versa. It's all great fun. I can also have a private conversation with pals. I enjoy it. If I get fed up reading the same posts then I choose to turn the notifications off. It's what you make of it personally.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
My sons are all my friends on Facebook. Obviously I get to see what they post and vice versa. It's all great fun. I can also have a private conversation with pals. I enjoy it. If I get fed up reading the same posts then I choose to turn the notifications off. It's what you make of it personally.
I just commented on FB notifications on Chit Chat, as I joined a group, and a subsidiary group, this afternoon, and already am tired of getting notifications. I set them to OFF but it's made no difference whatsoever.

Bruv told me the other day older sister had left a group while on holiday as she didn't want to come home to loads of messages. Just phoned him as he is on the one I'm talking about and said, I know what she means now! It's driving me mad. He agreed. But he doesn't have the annoyance of trying to type on an iPad with pop ups every few seconda.

Page 29 of 79 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top