Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 04:05 PM

Re: BEWARE Smart Meters Coming

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am absolutely with you on this Susan and Meg.

I have been on the flippin' phone for nearly half an hour this very morning arguing with British Gas about them incrreasing my direct debits when there was absolutely no need. Every single year they way over-estimate my future useage and it really annoys me. I have never owed them a penny, and am always well in credit so I'm blowed if they are taking even more.

Anyhow, during this conversation with them this morning I told the chap TWICE that I did not want a smart meter either.
So what happens next?
Ten minutes after I put the phone down, my mobile rang. It was a B.G call centre. The wretched woman said "Good afternoon . . . blah blah, then went on to say I understand you have agreed to us fitting a smart meter, and would like to book an appointment for us to come and do the work."
I soon put a flea in her ear and she said she was take my number off their call system.
I always take names on the phone. It can be helpful when you make a formal complaint.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
OGF I don't need one for 'a verdict' I live on a low income and am not in the habit of leaving appliances on when not needed using up expensive electricity. So how could a meter prompt me to use less and save me money?

I don't have 'estimated bills' either, I read my meter myself on the last day of the month and generate an instant bill online so a meter is of no use to me in that respect.
Irrevelevent to this topic.

The meters show how you can save money.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Just bought a new car.

It tell me my Miles to the Gallon.

At the moment I'm getting 63.2.

Did some motorway driving and had got it up to 67.9

Just to day did some short driving which the mileage came down.

No big deal but nice to know
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Irrevelevent to this topic.

Do tell then Galty how will a meter help me save money...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 06:31 PM

Whether or not we want or don't want a smart meter, they are coming. Maybe not compulsory at the moment but they will be. Rather like water meters, they were optional in lots of areas and now compulsory in many areas. Many of us "Older generation" are not happy with change but like it or not, a change is gonna come.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 06:58 PM

Can't have one..whooppee Because I have Economy 7 they (as yet) do not have meters capable of reading two electrical supplies
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Whether or not we want or don't want a smart meter, they are coming. Maybe not compulsory at the moment but they will be. Rather like water meters, they were optional in lots of areas and now compulsory in many areas. Many of us "Older generation" are not happy with change but like it or not, a change is gonna come.
We don't like change by the energy companies EZ for good reason, because it's usually to find faster ways of getting hold of our hard earned brass. Smartmeters and Direct Debit do it without your knowledge.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
lols Galty really ?!

How dumb can people be? Do they really need a fancy digital gadget to tell them that every time they put the kettle on the electric meter is spinning wildly? Do they need a gadget to tell them that leaving a light on is wasting electricity?

Nope nope and nope.

It's simply a huge con. In the states, research has already proven that these digital panels DO NOT result in people using less electricity. They go through an initial novelty honeymoon period and then just continue life as before.

The gadgets are a complete scam and nothing more than a sweetener to pacify the Sheeple as the company straps a mobile phone mast Smart Meter to the side of their house.

What is going to happen is the price of electricity IS going to go up, significantly. So people will try to use less electricity.
In addition, the "Time Of Use" billing will result in some people using devices at non-peak times like overnight, but even so, their bills will remain high.

Net result is that people will pay more money and use less electricity and spread that usage over different times. So it is only the energy companies that win here. Their costs are greatly reduced when energy usage is spread across the day and their revenues will increase from the hike in bills.

At the same time their Smart Meters will be gathering valuable data by spying on your personal energy usage every minute of every day. Data which they will sell to other people.

Only a fool would accept a Smart Meter.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:21 PM

Don't forget sheeple the smart meters are also linked to the Secret Service who will monitor what programmes you are watching on the tv and the websites you have accessed on your computer. (note I must delete the goat stuff) The electricity provider will also switch on your washing machine, and dish washer through your smart meter when you go out shopping in order to steal more money from you.
Scammers can access your smart meter too and steal your bank details...so be alert, we need more lerts

This has been a public service message brought to you by Rehab Conspiracy Services, you have not been charged for reading this message but if you already have a smart meter then it is spinning around like a thing possessed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
lols Galty really ?!

How dumb can people be? Do they really need a fancy digital gadget to tell them that every time they put the kettle on the electric meter is spinning wildly? Do they need a gadget to tell them that leaving a light on is wasting electricity?

Nope nope and nope.

It's simply a huge con. In the states, research has already proven that these digital panels DO NOT result in people using less electricity. They go through an initial novelty honeymoon period and then just continue life as before.

The gadgets are a complete scam and nothing more than a sweetener to pacify the Sheeple as the company straps a mobile phone mast Smart Meter to the side of their house.

What is going to happen is the price of electricity IS going to go up, significantly. So people will try to use less electricity.
In addition, the "Time Of Use" billing will result in some people using devices at non-peak times like overnight, but even so, their bills will remain high.

Net result is that people will pay more money and use less electricity and spread that usage over different times. So it is only the energy companies that win here. Their costs are greatly reduced when energy usage is spread across the day and their revenues will increase from the hike in bills.

At the same time their Smart Meters will be gathering valuable data by spying on your personal energy usage every minute of every day. Data which they will sell to other people.

Only a fool would accept a Smart Meter.
Hear hear.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top