Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Reading to babies

They're talking on the radio at the mo, about a new scheme to get more mother's reading to their children - from birth. They say it helps their development.
They are even going to issue library tickets to new borns now.

What do you think about this, is it a good idea or too soon at birth?

Can you recall being read to, I can't, but I used to read to my son.
If I was poorly in bed, that is one thing I would like very much, to be read to - as long as they were a good reader and put on different voices for the characters, I'd love that. It would turn a book into a play.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:13 PM

Re: Reading to babies

Sounds a good idea. The brain of a baby is amazing,a journey of learning.

We will pass on my issues.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:33 PM

I used to read to my son too Mups, and put on the voices of the characters The thing is i still do that when reading from a paper i always go into character my hubby plays hell with me

I used to be a reader at my sons junior school for children that were a little slower than the others to bring them on a bit, i loved it
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:36 PM

I think it is a good idea. They reckon that when a woman is pregnant and strokes her tummy and coos to the baby , it makes them calm.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:38 PM

about a new scheme to get more mother's reading to their children - from birth. They say it helps their development.
Is it new haven't many parents always done this.

I used to read and play classical music to my son and grandchildren from birth and thought it was the norm
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I used to read and play classical music to my son and grandchildren from birth and thought it was the norm
Same here
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 10:50 PM

Don't mums always talk to their babies? I know I did, all the time. When I was doing my house work I would tell them what I was doing and why I was doing it. The same when I was cooking or anything really. They obviously didn't understand the words but that didn't matter.

As they got older I would read to them at bedtime. It was always a special time of day. It soothed them and me too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I think they meant issuing library cards to new borns was a new scheme Meg.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:20 PM

I enrolled my youngster in the library aged 2, also encouraged him to borrow books and he chose what he wanted, we also read to him as did his grandparents as a baby, bt keep it fun.

I think its important to communicate-in as many ways as possible with your children early on, so books music art games all lhad their place.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:41 AM

I often wonder if I am a ghost on this site.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top