Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:30 PM

Re: Truth or what?

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Trouble is, Mups, a lot of people seem to take a perverse delight in hurting others.

Yes, too full of their own arrogance to care.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think there are many situations where your opinion may be asked for and all require tact, when I am confronted with the 'does my bum look big in this' type of questions by the females in my family I am honest with them, always have been when they ask my opinion about clothes, hairstyles, makeup and that kind of thing, they know before they ask the question that they will get the truth but still ask, however it would not be done in brutal fashion, I would either say "You look great love" or "No, I don't think that suits you" how they handle the answer is entirely up to themselves.
Other situations are handled in a way as to not upset the person, but If my opinion regarding a film, TV program, stage play, or song/singer was asked for I would be brutally honest.
But I suppose there are even people out there who would tell a child there was no Santa Claus just to be totally honest.
Well written post!

Of course, those that tell a child that there is no Santa Claus would not be telling the truth.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

28-11-2014, 06:32 PM

deleted
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:34 PM

That's as maybe, but it wouldn't suit everyone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
What an unusual way of spelling the word for that part of the body!
Huh ?
Maybe best leave it there
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
How would you respond if, for instance, someone asked you if you liked what they were wearing and you thought it looked awful on them? I certainly wouldn't tell a lie just to spare their feelings, I believe in honesty. In that situation I would probably say they were asking the wrong person and quickly change the subject. However, if they pressed me for my opinion I would be truthful.

I think honesty is always the best policy even if it doesn't make one popular. I wouldn't trust an inch anyone who flattered me, or said something they didn't mean just to be nice. I like people to tell me the truth, even if it isn't always pleasant to hear.

One rather awkward situation occurred when my father, a religious man, was dying in 2005. He wanted my assurance that I would 'get right with god', meaning once more believe in the faith of my youth. I had kicked it into touch as soon as I left home as I was disgusted with the 'you must be 'saved' or burn in hell' nasty dogma. I had absolutely no intention 'getting right with god', and I was not prepared to lie to my father so he could die happy, that would have been morally wrong, imo.
To be truthful. I don't believe a word
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I have never asked anyones opinion - I know what I like
Me neither, however, I would be prepared to tell a small white lie, just to save someones feelings
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Me neither, however, I would be prepared to tell a small white lie, just to save someones feelings
I agree - depends what it is too - but at the end of it, its just our opinion .....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 07:42 PM

I think you are a probably a kind caring person Comeandgo otherwise you wouldn't have taken on those children.
I just think you maybe get a kick out of winding up and it is done a bit tongue in cheek !!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think you are a probably a kind caring person Comeandgo otherwise you wouldn't have taken on those children.
I just think you maybe get a kick out of winding up and it is done a bit tongue in cheek !!!!!
I second that !

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top