Join for free
Page 12 of 25 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:16 PM

Re: Hypocrisy Democracy

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your missing the point completely and just copy pasting irrelevant stuff from google.

The Euro does not have a centralised treasury - this is a huge problem for it and it cannot reduce its value. When it bails out a country (like Greece) the member state has to borrow the money in bonds (from another member state) in order to do so. It cannot print and dish out its own money like the UK or any sovereign country with a centralised treasury can (no member state that has the common currency has its own central back - its all done from the ECB).

So far it has spend about 10 years pumping 60 billion a month (reducing to 30 billion a month in 2017) to keep the banks afloat. All that money needs to be repaid and the poorest of the 27 (Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland etc) do not have the means to do so. Unemployment in the Eurozone is up to 25% for some member states - but the UK is seeing record lows. Why do you think this is ? Are the GDP figures in the Eurozone artificially inflated through QE ? Ofcourse they are that's why Germany, Italy etc are going into recession now QE has stopped.

When Eurozone QE finally did stop at the end of 2018 we now see the Eurozone going into recession - it cannot balance its books or devalue its currency to offset the debt. The debt has to be paid back somehow - but car sales are down because of the diesel issues, China not not buying as many, USA sanctions on EU steel etc and the UK (Brexit) leaving and taking with it its quotas.

Does that give you some idea of the scale of the problem with the Euro ?

Here is another piece of information ...

The UK is leaving the EU and because of the uncertainty, our GDP is flatlining. However, we are still ahead of Germany, which the EU is based on as far as manufacturing is concerned. Next month Germany will be in technical recession - we will most likely follow but we can devalue the pound to attract investment - the EU cannot do this with the Euro.....

How is the EU doing do you think ? Doing well is it ?

Considering we stopped QE in 2014 .....

EDIT ... this just in, the ECB downgrading their growth again

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...growth-outlook
We didn't stop QE in 2014 and so far its cost £500 billion.

LONDON (Reuters) - The Bank of England said on Thursday it could start to sell the nearly half trillion pounds of assets it bought to boost the economy sooner than previously thought, though analysts said a reduction still looked years away.
Like other central banks, the BoE amassed huge sums of government bonds bought with newly created money to spur economic growth after the financial crisis, but a decade later they are now working out how to unwind this stimulus.

You ask 'How is the EU doing do you think ? Doing well is it ?

Its doing no better of worse than the UK with its 0.1% growth!!!

I see that you use google as well, but I am not presenting that as a negative!!!
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
And you really think that the electorate would accept that after the PM at the time had stated that the result of the referendum would be implemented whatever it was.
The acceptance or otherwise of the electorate in no way alters the constitutional & legal position.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
From post 1 by fosterbrad

Quote "The UK electorate deserve another people’s vote on EU membership" unquote.

And then the loosers of that vote will demand another vote. No this is woolly thinking . We voted and that is how it should remain, or we can keep on voting until the cows come home

You could say the same about General Elections. Then where would we be?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
We didn't stop QE in 2014 and so far its cost £500 billion.

LONDON (Reuters) - The Bank of England said on Thursday it could start to sell the nearly half trillion pounds of assets it bought to boost the economy sooner than previously thought, though analysts said a reduction still looked years away.
Like other central banks, the BoE amassed huge sums of government bonds bought with newly created money to spur economic growth after the financial crisis, but a decade later they are now working out how to unwind this stimulus.

You ask 'How is the EU doing do you think ? Doing well is it ?

Its doing no better of worse than the UK with its 0.1% growth!!!

I see that you use google as well, but I am not presenting that as a negative!!!

Is the ECB going to reduce the value of the Euro ?

We stopped bailing out our banks in 2014 through QE - the Eurozone continues to do so. The EU did stop at the end of 2018 but have had to start again because they are going into recession again. Look at the share price of Deutsche Bank and look at the Italian banks. Its not good is it ... on the other hand we have UK banks such as Lloyds announcing massive dividend payments.

The growth in the EU has lagged behind the rest of the world for years - its no surprise it continues to under perform. Like I said, its a failed economic model.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:49 PM

Is the ECB going to reduce the value of the Euro ?

We stopped bailing out our banks in 2014 through QE - the Eurozone continues to do so. The EU did stop at the end of 2018 but have had to start again because they are going into recession again. Look at the share price of Deutsche Bank and look at the Italian banks. Its not good is it ... on the other hand we have UK banks such as Lloyds announcing massive dividend payments.

The growth in the EU has lagged behind the rest of the world for years - its no surprise it continues to under perform. Like I said, its a failed economic model.
Think you might be getting mixed up between QE and the Special Liquidity Scheme.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Think you might be getting mixed up between QE and the Special Liquidity Scheme.

Nope not me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:51 PM

Remainers had a chance to put forward the positives of remaining before the referendum and missed that chance too busy calling leavers racists and other lovely names.
They reaped what they sowed and leavers put forward case to leave and won.

I have no wish to vote again until we have enacted the result of the first referendum. No one has put forward any decent reason to do so. If they think just because they lost is a good reason we may as well just make it best of three or four or five.
I assume people saying more referendums don't realise how much they cost because we can bankrupt the country in better ways than spending it on more insults and arguments IMO
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-03-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Remainers had a chance to put forward the positives of remaining before the referendum and missed that chance too busy calling leavers racists and other lovely names.
They reaped what they sowed and leavers put forward case to leave and won.

I have no wish to vote again until we have enacted the result of the first referendum. No one has put forward any decent reason to do so. If they think just because they lost is a good reason we may as well just make it best of three or four or five.
I assume people saying more referendums don't realise how much they cost because we can bankrupt the country in better ways than spending it on more insults and arguments IMO

Spot on Julie.

The remainers favour the immigration of white christians from Europe rather than black muslims from India and Africa, and they call Brexiteers racist because we want a level playing field to make it fair for everyone. How very odd..

As for a second referendum, would this peoples vote be legally binding ? Funny how that's not been mentioned.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Spot on Julie.

The remainers favour the immigration of white christians from Europe rather than black muslims from India and Africa, and they call Brexiteers racist because we want a level playing field to make it fair for everyone. How very odd..

As for a second referendum, would this peoples vote be legally binding ? Funny how that's not been mentioned.
Yes I've never managed to work that one out we want everyone to have a fair chance but we are the racists. odd and disturbing I think.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I've never managed to work that one out we want everyone to have a fair chance but we are the racists. odd and disturbing I think.
Disturbing is the fact that you think it odd.

Page 12 of 25 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top