Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2013, 05:53 PM

Re: supermarkets

me neither ...I avoid sales...
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 03:52 AM

What annoys me the most is sometimes having to bag my own groceries, because the bag person is not to be seen. Also, trying to get an employee to help me out with my groceries. I only shop once a month and always have two carts of items.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Angelfire ->
What annoys me the most is sometimes having to bag my own groceries, because the bag person is not to be seen. Also, trying to get an employee to help me out with my groceries. I only shop once a month and always have two carts of items.
Here in the UK the supermarkets do not employ people specifically to pack our groceries, although in general the checkout operator will ask if you need help. Occasionally you may find specific groups, such as Boy Scouts, at the checkout who will pack your bags for a small donation to charity, but on the whole we are left to pack our own groceries, however much we have bought.
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Here in the UK the supermarkets do not employ people specifically to pack our groceries, although in general the checkout operator will ask if you need help. Occasionally you may find specific groups, such as Boy Scouts, at the checkout who will pack your bags for a small donation to charity, but on the whole we are left to pack our own groceries, however much we have bought.
I think it is a good idea for all grocery stores to employ someone who can help you take your items out if need be.

I am not weak or anything, but seeing as how I spend at least 300 dollars a trip in the store, someone could help me bring the stuff out to my car.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 08:14 AM

Our supermarkets are even doing away with checkout operators and we are expected to check our own stuff out so putting someone on to pack or take stuff to the car is never going to happen. Nice idea though.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 12:21 AM

Julie, They are trying to do that here and people are resisting. We say not providing a checkout operator does not lower the prices of goods so why should we check our own goods out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
Julie, They are trying to do that here and people are resisting. We say not providing a checkout operator does not lower the prices of goods so why should we check our own goods out.

Quite right Sandi. I agree with that. They must be saving a small fortune on wages if they are getting rid of staff, so why should we have to do our own scanning and packing for them as well.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 01:33 AM

The irony here is that at our local Tesco they have about four of these do it yourself scanners, but at the same time there are two operatives 'loitering' in the area on hand to assist if necessary. And believe me it is frequently 'necessary'. And one can of times hear loud muttering of phrases such as "I have scanned the item", or "it is in the bagging area" etc.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
.i had to move the display so that i could get past....the isles are narrow enough without sitting a display in the middle....what annoys you about supermarkets?
I really hate it when I'm at a supermarket, having a really interesting conversation and customers keep pushing past with their trolleys. Some of them even move the displays to do it. Why can't they just go to a different aisle, shop on line or go to another supermarket?

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
The irony here is that at our local Tesco they have about four of these do it yourself scanners, but at the same time there are two operatives 'loitering' in the area on hand to assist if necessary. And believe me it is frequently 'necessary'. And one can of times hear loud muttering of phrases such as "I have scanned the item", or "it is in the bagging area" etc.
Yup, that's me! I'm always answering the machine back!!!!

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top