Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 12:06 PM

Re: Prince Andrew

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Anita long story but a false accusation was made about me by a man who thought I had tipped the police off about him allowing fly tipping (including asbestos) on his land and he was fined a great deal of money .It wasn't me but because I regularly walked in a particular place and complained to the footpath warden about the dangerous state of his paths he thought it was (my complaint was in the parish council notes).

To get his own back he told the police he had seen me taking a chain and padlock from his gate and the police turned up at my house one Sunday lunchtime when I was serving lunch to the family . I was so embarrassed and it was my word against his .

I was able to disprove his statement with the use of my camera and a photograph of a gate but it was horrible having people thinking I had done something when I hadn't.
That must have been awful Meg.

Yes, it would be awful to be accused of something you hadn't done. There are some nasty people out there
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 12:34 PM

The arrogance and hypocrisy of the upper class is what adds fuel to the flames. Pathetic.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The arrogance and hypocrisy of the upper class is what adds fuel to the flames. Pathetic.
I agree !!
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 01:49 PM

I've said this before, but the way I see things, the smell just as much when on the toilet, so they are not any better than any of us others...so why call them upper class? We are just as good as they are!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
I've said this before, but the way I see things, the smell just as much when on the toilet, so they are not any better than any of us others...so why call them upper class? We are just as good as they are!
Of course ! They just 'think' they are better - mind you the public lets them think that way
huggy
Scotland UK
huggy is female  huggy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 01:56 PM

Unfortunately this story is going to go on and on. The Sunday newspapers are full of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by huggy ->
Unfortunately this story is going to go on and on. The Sunday newspapers are full of it.
Absolutely agree, and my word for ladies who are in her profession where you are paid for sex and intimate massages doesn't seem to be what she is calling herself - funny that !
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
There would be less forum threads, newspapers and TV news if that were the case.................
There would definitely be less sold. Scandal of various kinds is a huge industry. Selling scandal is big money.
It's manna from heaven when a lurid story involves someone high profile, so well known personalites, politicians and of course royals are where the most profit is made, and the better known they are the better the returns.
If people were less interested it wouldn't be such big bucks for certain media.
It's not surprising there have been cases of phone tapping etc in order to get information to publish.
Papers are regularly sued for publishing false information as they 'need' the stories to sell the papers.
When a big story appears there is a feeding frenzy to milk it for all it's worth.
Maybe we should put our time to better use than supplying fuel for the fire.

Meg that was a horrible experience that you had, I'm glad you managed to prove you weren't involved. It must have been stressful though.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:25 PM

You are quite right Patsy, the public appear to build up members of the royal family to saint status believing they can do no wrong. Whatever wrongs they do they are always absolved, i.e. speeding, dangerous driving, indiscriminate firing of guns etc etc, they never have to appear in court for such things, never lose their licence, they may get a telling off but that is all.
Their status protects them and I guess always will. No doubt it is the same with "royals" in whatever countries they have "royals".

What is "royal" anyway? They are in the position of "royal" because in the past some ancestor fought someone else and won. They enter this world the same way as all other humans, they do not float down from the skies on fluffy pink or blue clouds, they have the same bodily functions as all others, they leave this world the same way as all others. People say they work hard, so much travelling and meeting people, but I doubt they ever have to pack their own cases and you will never stand next to one in a check in queue, or even sit next to one in economy class. Private jets with servants and luxurious sleeping compartments, luxury private boats with full crew and servants, even your own luxurious private train and none of it costs them a single penny of their own money. As for me, well I´m neither "royalist" or "anti royalist" but I do strongly feel that they should be subject to the same scrutiny as anyone else would be when a complaint has been made and I do feel they should suffer the same consequences for their actions too. Unfortunately I very much doubt that will ever happen.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-01-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
You are quite right Patsy, the public appear to build up members of the royal family to saint status believing they can do no wrong. Whatever wrongs they do they are always absolved, i.e. speeding, dangerous driving, indiscriminate firing of guns etc etc, they never have to appear in court for such things, never lose their licence, they may get a telling off but that is all.
Their status protects them and I guess always will. No doubt it is the same with "royals" in whatever countries they have "royals".

What is "royal" anyway? They are in the position of "royal" because in the past some ancestor fought someone else and won. They enter this world the same way as all other humans, they do not float down from the skies on fluffy pink or blue clouds, they have the same bodily functions as all others, they leave this world the same way as all others. People say they work hard, so much travelling and meeting people, but I doubt they ever have to pack their own cases and you will never stand next to one in a check in queue, or even sit next to one in economy class. Private jets with servants and luxurious sleeping compartments, luxury private boats with full crew and servants, even your own luxurious private train and none of it costs them a single penny of their own money. As for me, well I´m neither "royalist" or "anti royalist" but I do strongly feel that they should be subject to the same scrutiny as anyone else would be when a complaint has been made and I do feel they should suffer the same consequences for their actions too. Unfortunately I very much doubt that will ever happen.
Agree with every word

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top