Join for free
ginge
New Member!
west midlands
ginge is male 

28-02-2015, 09:26 AM

Looking for new phone

Hi I'm looking to upgrade my phone and am interested in the HTC one m8 Has anyone got the HTC one M8 and is it OK? Or any other good phones about? Any suggestions welcome

Dave
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 10:53 AM

Re: Looking for new phone

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 a year or so ago - very pleased with it - I bought it when the S4 came out and the price plunged dramatically (it actually recovered later). That seems to be the way to do it; buy a superseded phone immediately the new model comes out

More recently bought a much cheaper Samsung Galaxy Duos for when I travel. It has less RAM than the S3 but it takes two SIM cards which is ideal for when I travel. Saves carting two phones about I can have my Aussie SIM for leaving and arriving back and I buy a local SIM for while I am there. I hope it is the perfect solution.

I have had a couple of HTC phones previously but the Samsung is a much better buy.
digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:02 AM

My grandaughter had an HTC phone and it was the worst ever. She couldn't wait to get rid of it. I asked a young lad what he thought of HTC and he said 'crap'.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:19 AM

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. HTC and M8?????

Heard of the M3 motorway and M6 but not the M8.
ginge
New Member!
west midlands
ginge is male 

28-02-2015, 12:15 PM

Thanks all your input is much appreciated.

I brought my granddaughter the Galaxy S5 last weekend as she needed an upgrade and yes it does look good so I will compare the S5 and oneM8 to see how they compare.

Realspeed the HTC is a mobile phone which I was looking at
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Ah thank you I don't even have a mobile phone apart from the distance the cord allows. We do have cordless phones in the house so we are up to date
huggy
Scotland UK
huggy is female  huggy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 02:11 PM

I've got an iphone 5. It's not the latest one but does everything I want it to. Love it, also love my ipad.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 02:43 PM

I've got a Huawei Ascend, not an expensive smart phone but it's smarter than me. Not had any trouble with it but on saying that I don't use it much.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:01 PM

I've got a Sony Experia, it took some getting used to as I always had button phones (Sony) I must say I find it easy to use now but, there's little instruction on how to use it, no booklet and very little on the website. If it wasn't for having youngsters around to ask how to do things I'd have been stuck! Useful feature is predictable text, even if you touch the wrong letters it works out what you're trying to type, except for on the odd occasion, such as it came up with testosterone instead of Tesco! Best to check before sending!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top