Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Re: Cats - sheesh!

** Please note the topic of this thread is ''Cats - sheesh!''
Do not make derogatory comments about your fellow members, discuss the topic not the poster .
Some posts have been removed.
Thank you
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What would you count as need ? My dogs and cats have at various points in my life been the only reason I have got up in the morning, when I stood at the edge of the multi storey carpark thinking about just ending it all it was who would look after my dogs that made me step back and seek help for my depression.

I know many elderly people who only see their cats or dogs each day and their dogs are all that gets them out of their homes for a walk.

Children with Aspergers who can only relate to the family pet, the only living creature they can communicate with.

For some it is their only friend in the world.

So who doesn't need an animal in their life. For me it would be only people who are cruel or neglectful who don't deserve an animal to keep them company.
Excellent post.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No I can assure you I would never want cats in this country for any reason. Unfortunately they are already here.
Australia: cats killing 75 million native animals daily
(Australian Geographic link)
Warning: contains scary pic of a cat with a bird in it's mouth.

The above makes for some sober reading. Really drives home the point I'm making with this thread.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Warning and just a link PLEASE..................
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Pardon? You mean remove the piccy? The post was made by Bruce on another thread. I transfered it to here. I can remove the pic if it upsets you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Good idea !
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 11:48 PM

No animal is more cruel, vicious, and predatory than humans, sadly. We have wiped out more species, including a lot of our own, than any other species on this planet. You only need to look at our history and into the very near future for proof.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

10-09-2013, 01:42 AM

Well my cat Moggs is probably the most vicious predator i have ever come across,if you are living in a mice plague you would welcome a tribe of cats to help control them,cats are just as entitled to live as are dogs or any other animal,its the owners that are responsible for them,the cat is acting naturally,by instinct,it does not differentiate between native food source and normal cat food,its like a shark,it kills what is there,eagles and hawks do it,no one complains?
No,its a cats owner who controls the cats breeding and eating habits.
And as for being more cruel than humans,well thats crap,cats are instinctive not intellectual!

Billy
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
No animal is more cruel, vicious, and predatory than humans, sadly. We have wiped out more species, including a lot of our own, than any other species on this planet. You only need to look at our history and into the very near future for proof.

Agreed - humans are the lowest of low.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 09:03 AM

I agree with Billy my cat keeps down the rats, moles and mice around my barn ..would you want to over run by them? I wouldnt.
I dont like to use poisons as its very hit and miss normally killing things you dont want killing ... I rarley see him with a bird and have nearly always managed to get him to drop them and after 5mins they fly off again.
Plus as the others had said they are fantastic friends companions for lonely people. Plus they dont answer back or argue better than a man in all aspects...;0)

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top