Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 02:33 PM

Started brick cleaning

Just had a very quick go at on of the garden paths

You can just see behind the washing line post the colour the bricks were.

Will need another going over but I just wanted to see what it eventually will all look like. Not done thses slabs yet bottom of pic
huggy
Scotland UK
huggy is female  huggy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Re: Started brick cleaning

What did you use to clean the bricks, pressure washer or just hard brush? Looks like you made a good job of cleaning them realspeed.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 03:53 PM

Very nice-maybe a couple of bags of kiln dried sand to fill the gaps?
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by huggy ->
What did you use to clean the bricks, pressure washer or just hard brush? Looks like you made a good job of cleaning them realspeed.
Think it could be his Karcher !!

We invested in one this year as I wanted the 'patio cleaner' attachment, it's amazing, but you have to watch it with any loose fillings !!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Think it could be his Karcher !!

We invested in one this year as I wanted the 'patio cleaner' attachment, it's amazing, but you have to watch it with any loose fillings !!
You also need a good pair of wellies!! The first time I used ours without 'em, I had to pressure wash my legs!!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Very nice-maybe a couple of bags of kiln dried sand to fill the gaps?
Yes, will stop the weeds popping through.

Good job RS! In preparation for Spring
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
You also need a good pair of wellies!! The first time I used ours without 'em, I had to pressure wash my legs!!
I know what you mean Cranberry! We got ours when it was hot and could wear shorts and flip flops and as you say hose ourselves down too. That warm weather seems just a distant dream now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 11:09 AM

That should be the back garden paths done. Might have to go over with sand later when it all settles in

Old git

Done the other path as well with the sand, but the bricks arn't proper pathway bricks and done by someone who didn't have a clue

Huggy
I used a Karcher K2 (110 psi) with the dirt buster nozzle, it was about the only thing powerful enough to do the job.

I could have bought the K5 (160psi) but the K2 has the same hose connection and my commercial HDS601c Karcher which does hot water as well

Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 11:14 AM

Looks good RS. Hope you're having a day off now
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-01-2015, 11:20 AM

Alice if I try and have a day of, my better half "er indoors" will find me something to do anyway.

Just got the huge front drive to do next when the weather warms up a bit

It just goes to show that a little bit of attention to a property makes all the difference, not like the previous owners and how they left it.

Did you see the bathroom videos?

D Lady

I should have got the T50 patio cleaner as well but Ideal TV program people didn't send it, so now in dispute with them.

Promised before christmas and never came, so they have 10 working days to get it to me . failing that I will have to send a warning letter giving them a further 14 days before I take legal action.

Yes you really do need wellies the muck that gets onto the legs is a real problem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top