Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:19 AM

Funny what one finds

I was just searching for my old primary school with a view to asking if I could take some pictures and maybe share memories with the Head about times gone by.

Well mum is 90 and who knows?

Whilst looking I found Marston Shelton Rovers 2nd team(football) Wow they re-formed. I played for them once just before they folded-I was 15 and we only had 8 players.

We lost 21-0
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 12:45 PM

Re: Funny what one finds

I have been trying to clear out a lot of old stuff, and what was very modern way of storing photographs has left me with a box full of slides. I bought a light box for a few pounds, cut out squares in an empty black ice cream carton and photographed some of them with a digital camera. The quality is nowhere like the modern photo but at least my storage of some is now on the computer. It took me a long time to go through them all, as it does when you find reminders of the past
huggy
Scotland UK
huggy is female  huggy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 02:02 PM

Once you find a box of old photos, times flies by and the memories come back.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 04:15 PM

some shocking truths as well when I see a slim me, I find it hard to believe I was ever that size

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top