Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 06:47 PM

Re: Brexit Undecided

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
In the seventies I voted to join the European Common market ... An economic community and trading organisation.
I did not vote to hand over our sovereignty to a European Government.
We are British we are not European and never will be, so I have used my postal vote and voted for our country to leave the EUand regain control of our law making and destiny.
Yes I agree Malcolm, this is the crux really that we now have that which non of us either wanted or voted for. We have used our postal votes the same way, there has never been any question of not voting to leave here....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm so confused and fed up with hearing that word "Brexit" I'm beginning to hate it!
For the first time in my adult voting life I feel like not bothering!
To my mind this is the biggest most important vote that we have ever held in the UK.

In a vote such as this its not Left/Right its for the Future of this country in or out.

The arugements from both sides are Conjecture and both are Rubbish.

Always was against joining the EU have seen no benefits from joining the EU, so will vote to leave the EU.

For people who vote to stay in, I think you are wrong but time might tell and I respect you for that.

For this biggest vote this country has ever held people who do not vote should be deported to Brighton.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Galty said :---For this biggest vote this country has ever held people who do not vote should be deported to Brighton.

That I agree with folks having the right to vote or not to vote, that is democracy in itself, but they should have no say after the event if they don't like what will happen.
But I like Brighton.

Galty said :----The arugements from both sides are Conjecture and both are Rubbish.

I agree with you but surely better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
I am voting to stay in, let me tell you why it is up to you what you intend to do, firstly I think the leaders of the out campaign are virtually all failed politicians bar one, I think the UK is in such big debt the out cronies can't possibly do what they intend to do with the money they Think they will save, impossible, so we can't possibly be any better off.
We have very little manufacturing all went in the 70/80s era, we now buy all our needs from abroad, power/fuel etc. can you imagine how much this will go up in price out the EU
We have 2million plus people from the UK working abroad in the EU, what will happen to them, believe me they are worried.
And don't forget workers rights that we have all come from the EU.

Lies lies lies coming from the out cronies, simply because they don't know, even time they say something the word THINK is always added, because they don't know only guessing.
John Major said this morning on the Andrew Marr show that the leave campaign is squalid and he says they are spreading fantasy.
For instance the amount Brexit say the EU costs us is a third of what they say and they are misleading people.

If we come out we will never get back for sure. but you have your vote use it.

I could go on but remember be careful what you wish for, use it wisely.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
In the seventies I voted to join the European Common market ... An economic community and trading organisation.
I did not vote to hand over our sovereignty to a European Government.
We are British we are not European and never will be, so I have used my postal vote and voted for our country to leave the EUand regain control of our law making and destiny.
Hear Hear Malcolm.
Hear Hear.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Ok I'll vote, not wanting to go to Brighton!
Still no clearer on which way though!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 07:09 PM

We need two threads, one saying why we should leave and one saying why we should stay.
I believe you lot, who have actually lived a normal life,
more than the politicians.
What frightens me is that if we leave, Cameron will have no one to stop him and his government from making my life worse than they already have
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 07:15 PM

if we contribute £350 million a week.how much do the likes of Romania and the other 27 country's contribute
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 07:41 PM

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 07:45 PM

Here are some answers Tomcat.
And it isn't good reading!

http://www.statista.com/statistics/3...contributions/

However, the numbers do matter. When you compare how much the UK received in 2014 from the EU budget against what it paid in, it is a net contributor by €4.6bn (£3.31bn, $5bn). For Germany, which is the EU's largest economy, this is even higher -- it is a net contributor to the budget by €14.33bn (£10.32bn). France, the second largest economy, contributed €6.1bn (£4.39bn).

And the two poorest EU economies got more out than they put in. Bulgaria, the poorest, was a net beneficiary by €1.85bn (£1.33bn). Romania, the second poorest, got €4.59bn (£3.31bn) more out than went in. Greece, whose economy has been crippled by years of financial and economic crisis, took out €5.18bn (£3.73bn) more than it put in.

The EU has put together a handy tool so you can see how much each EU state gets from the budget, where that money goes, and how much it put in at the start. Take a look.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-referend...raphic-1525975
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

05-06-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ok I'll vote, not wanting to go to Brighton!
Still no clearer on which way though!
Please Please Please VOTE LEAVE TessA.
Give us all a break from paying to support a load of Eurocrats who we haven't voted in,
and we can't vote to chuck em out.

Vote to give our country it's Independence back.
Please Please Please.
Go on TessA.
Do it for Kenny.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top