Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 08:57 PM

Re: Brexit Undecided

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Please Please Please VOTE LEAVE TessA.
Give us all a break from paying to support a load of Eurocrats who we haven't voted in,
and we can't vote to chuck em out.

Vote to give our country it's Independence back.
Please Please Please.
Go on TessA.
Do it for Kenny.
And for me!

And for the country!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
For this biggest vote this country has ever held people who do not vote should be deported to Brighton.
Still believing the illusion of choice ?

I will happily predict now that the result of this vote will be approx 60%-40% in favour of staying in the EU. Not because that's what I think people will vote for, quite the opposite, I think people will vote to leave, quite unanimously, but the powers that be will never let that stand so the vote will be rigged. The result will be made to look like it's a close run thing, but it will show as a Stay In The EU win nonetheless.

I shall vote to leave just to make their job of rigging the vote that much harder.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

I will happily predict now that the result of this vote will be approx 60%-40% in favour of staying in the EU. Not because that's what I think people will vote for, quite the opposite, I think people will vote to leave, quite unanimously, but the powers that be will never let that stand so the vote will be rigged. The result will be made to look like it's a close run thing, but it will show as a Stay In The EU win nonetheless.

I shall vote to leave just to make their job of rigging the vote that much harder.
In many ways this country is as corrupt as any tin-pot African state, so you may well be right. That's the worrying thing.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Originally Posted by JBR ->
In many ways this country is as corrupt as any tin-pot African state, so you may well be right. That's the worrying thing.

I fear you may both be correct ... and I feel sad and concerned about our future
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
if we contribute £350 million a week.how much do the likes of Romania and the other 27 country's contribute
Why not look it up if you wish to know? it is not a secret

As a matter of fact UK contributes less per person than Romania

105 Euros compared to Romania's 124 Euros per person

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...union#spending

How hard was that?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:56 AM

Looking at those figures Bruce we are certainly on the winning side.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

How hard was that?
Are you sure you are looking at the right columns Bruce? Surely that should read UK 180, Romania 52, Second column from the right.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Are you sure you are looking at the right columns Bruce? Surely that should read UK 180, Romania 52, Second column from the right.
Hi

Correct Rainmaker, the UK is mid table on that column. a long way from the top.

However, there is an argument that that is irrelevant, because a Euro is worth more in one country than another in spending terms.

The standard method is to look at what it means of GDP, which is the last column on the right.

However, as with all statistics, people will pick the one which best supports their view.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
You are right.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

How hard was that?
just through it into the thread and open for discussion ..

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top