Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:25 PM

When It's All Over

When it's all over and we wake up on the morning of June 24th, if the vote has gone to the Leave party how will the Remains feel?
And if the vote has gone to the Remain party how are we Brexit folk going to feel?

Will the bitterness and rancour ever end?

There's been so much passion on here in many of the postings, there will inevitably be some bitterly disappointed people.

Will you be able to put it behind you and just get on with life?

As for the political parties...who knows if the rifts will ever heal.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:31 PM

Re: When It's All Over

It's gonna rankle with some whatever happens but life goes on and we don't know who voted for what amongst those we know - if they voted at all - more worrying how we'll be treated by the EU if we stay!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:32 PM

I will, but some of my neighbours are arguing, I don't know if they'll still be speaking!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:42 PM

Either way .. there'll be accusations of rigging.

I'm quick ..so I'll get my accusation in now.
We'll still be in the EU come the day after Judgement Day.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Either way .. there'll be accusations of rigging.

I'm quick ..so I'll get my accusation in now.
We'll still be in the EU come the day after Judgement Day.
Can't see any other outcome, frankly. No matter how, I think a Remain result will be procured.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 09:02 PM

My position is that I wish to leave the EU, and has been that for years. Perhaps naively I thought that if the vote went to remain I would just have to put up with it

But I watched a TV review of the papers a few days ago, where they were discussing the reporting of the in/out campaigns. One journalist made the comment that the result would be pretty close whichever way it went, and even if the result was to remain it's obvious that you would still have a sizeable proportion of people who still wanted to leave, and they would continue to grumble, in no uncertain manner; or, as he put it 'the genie is out of the bottle'

Much as I think we should leave, I wouldn't be surprised if the result was a small, but sufficient, majority to remain; ie, it would be rigged somehow
There would have to be an absolutely overwhelming majority for leaving so that any fiddling or rigging couldn't be concealed
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 09:51 PM

Hi

I can't see any point in arguing whichever way it goes.

What will be will be.

I do wish our Politicians would just put their differences to one side and get on with running the UK to the benefit of the people who live here instead of fighting amongst themselves.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I can't see any point in arguing whichever way it goes.

What will be will be.

I do wish our Politicians would just put their differences to one side and get on with running the UK to the benefit of the people who live here instead of fighting amongst themselves.
Oh! NO.
Not another ruddy EU thread.
I'm getting angry now!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 12:11 AM

If we lose and have to remain in the EU I shall feel more sorry for others, particularly the young, than for myself.

Remaining in the EU will hopefully not affect my first wife and myself too much, at least not for a number of years. The most likely risk for us would be with regard to healthcare and if things looked like the provisions of the NHS locally were beginning to suffer, I'd certainly encourage my wife to take out private health insurance.
No good for me though, I'm afraid, as I'm diabetic and health insurance costs would be prohibitive, so I'd just have to take my chances!

As for the country as a whole, though, if that's what the majority want then they'd have only themselves to blame a few years down the line.
Then, of course, there is always the likelihood that the EU will implode before too much longer anyway.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If we lose and have to remain in the EU I shall feel more sorry for others, particularly the young, than for myself.

Remaining in the EU will hopefully not affect my first wife and myself too much, at least not for a number of years. The most likely risk for us would be with regard to healthcare and if things looked like the provisions of the NHS locally were beginning to suffer, I'd certainly encourage my wife to take out private health insurance.
No good for me though, I'm afraid, as I'm diabetic and health insurance costs would be prohibitive, so I'd just have to take my chances!

As for the country as a whole, though, if that's what the majority want then they'd have only themselves to blame a few years down the line.
Then, of course, there is always the likelihood that the EU will implode before too much longer anyway.
Likelihood JBR?
More a stone cold certainty if you ask me!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top