Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 12:26 AM

Re: When It's All Over

My only question will be. When will the Welsh choose independence as that is what they want. If in the future the Scots do the same there will be no more UK
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 12:30 AM

The vote will be rigged to stay in, no question. People will remain as resentful as they are now with the corrupt system and corrupt elite they are caught under. Migration issues will increase as will the sell off of Britain's assets and resources to foreign powers. Energy bills will soar as Smart Meters are rolled out and pensions will continue to be quietly swept under the carpet with thousand out of pocket.

The "city boys" will all be out celebrating as they deal in and revel in the corruption and the rigged financial systems which ensure the ordinary folk lose their money (which they loving call the "dumb money").

The issues this whole referendum have created will not go away. They will just get worse. The "Stay In" rigged result will see the growth of militant parties and groups who will oppose the blatant relaxation of immigration. These groups will be active against religions.

Britain is a soft touch, always has been. Why? because its nation has been so dumbed down, conditioned and duped by false propaganda and media for so long that no-one has the appetite to get up out of their armchairs and do anything about the destruction of Britain from within. A nation more interested in BGT and X-Factor and pathetic soap operas than it is about educating itself about who is running the show and how they are being slowly made a minority in their own country.

In the beautiful city of Venice, once flourishing with local tradition and culture, there are now almost no actual Venetians. Only 1 in every 10 people there are actual true Venetians.

Britain likewise will become a country with very few actual Brits.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:31 AM

The 'nasty party' will rip itself apart with lots of blood-letting irrespective of which side wins and will eventually cease to be the same size party as they used to be - perhaps shrinking to the size of the con-dems.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:35 AM

I don't think the vote will be rigged but the referendum is only advisory, not legally binding.
What happens if 'Out' wins by a small majority on a relatively low turnout? Would Cameron set our leaving in motion, with all the uncertainty and danger that promises when a majority of the electorate never voted for it?
He should have included some sort of threshold in the referendum bill, like he insists for union votes. but that would probably have been rejected by the Europhobic headbangers.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
My only question will be. When will the Welsh choose independence as that is what they want. If in the future the Scots do the same there will be no more UK
It wouldn't be in Scotlands interest to break away, and I bet theyr'e glad the vote was to remain last time, with oil prices that have plummeted they would be in big trouble now.

as for Wales, I've never read, heard or any of my Welsh friends say they want to break away.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:41 AM

I'm expecting it to be 'remain' so it'll be for me another 'that's life'
If it is an 'out' - Fab !
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I don't think the vote will be rigged but the referendum is only advisory, not legally binding.
What happens if 'Out' wins by a small majority on a relatively low turnout? Would Cameron set our leaving in motion, with all the uncertainty and danger that promises when a majority of the electorate never voted for it?
He should have included some sort of threshold in the referendum bill, like he insists for union votes. but that would probably have been rejected by the Europhobic headbangers.
Not to worry, there will always be those nice, kind, caring truthful, honest Europhiles to sooth away the fears of us Europhobic head bangers.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:40 AM

Whoever wins, whether in or out, what we so desperately need is someone to govern the country for the people and not for themselves, someone who actually believes in us and has the balls and werewithall to stand up and fight our corner. The incumbent certainly isn't that...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Whoever wins, whether in or out, what we so desperately need is someone to govern the country for the people and not for themselves, someone who actually believes in us and has the balls and werewithall to stand up and fight our corner. The incumbent certainly isn't that...
Well said Barry. Dimblebum made a really good point on QT: We can't stop immigrants from Europe but we can stop immigrants from outside Europe - So why has the Government not done that? What have they been doing all these years?

If the vote is to Remain, I will be disappointed but life will go on as usual. I will just see it as a missed opportunity to start the healing process of Britain and probably our last chance.

What will be excruciating is watching the celebrations of the cross-dressing idiot and his ilk.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Not to worry, there will always be those nice, kind, caring truthful, honest Europhiles to sooth away the fears of us Europhobic head bangers.
We'll do our best

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top