Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Re: Labour Supporters Clueless About Party Stance On EU

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I can't believe that they have George Brown speaking out for staying .
Dig him up did they?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Whilst that may be true, it doesn't alter the fact that Corbyn has always been against Brussels and now suddenly he's in the Stay In camp. Just smacks of the overall corruption that is inherent in the way the country is really run. Corbyn, imo, is simply doing what he has been told to do by the true ruling power. People need to see it for what it is. Party politics is a smoke screen to give the Sheeple the illusion of choice.
I've no idea why he changed his mind could be he just grew up or is he voting as his constituents want him to ? He has a record of listening to the people who vote for him I believe so could simply be that.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've no idea why he changed his mind could be he just grew up or is he voting as his constituents want him to ? He has a record of listening to the people who vote for him I believe so could simply be that.
This post sums up Corbyn nicely. Doesn't seem to have a clue.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
This post sums up Corbyn nicely. Doesn't seem to have a clue.
I think that makes him an honourable man, he is representing his constituents as MPs are supposed to. I thought that w what they were all supposed to do until recently when I was told we have to do what they say not them do what we say.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 09:43 PM

I think that makes him an honourable man, he is representing his constituents as MPs are supposed to. I thought that w what they were all supposed to do until recently when I was told we have to do what they say not them do what we say.
But surely as leader of the opposition he should have some ideas of his own.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
But surely as leader of the opposition he should have some ideas of his own.
And equally he should have long since discussed with his party members and agreed a direction one way or another for the whole party. Having the party split on the issue just looks stupid. How can anyone ever vote for Labour if you can't determine whether the party, as a whole, supports or doesn't support the EU?

Suppose Brexit wins. What will people then think about Labour if their desire was to stay in the EU? Surely if they ever get voted back in, they would attempt to get back into the EU or take actions to make things as close to that as possible. Only chance Labour had was to unanimously stand together and support Brexit, then I suspect many people would have gotten behind them. Their pathetic pandering to the ruling elite exposes their true motives. Greed, status, power.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Hardly surprising seeing as their leader is not for anything, just against most things.
Yes Swim.
But he is quite prepared to sell his principles down the river to hold on to his job.
He WAS for Brexit but has now sold his soul for that job!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 04:40 AM

To be fair to Corbyn.

Collectively the Labour Party has decided that they want to stay in the EU.

So Corbyn who is personally against staying in the EU goes along with it..That shows the man is not a dictator but listens to his followers.

That's democracy folks.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 05:41 AM

I don't see the referendum as a party matter, people from all sides are coming together both for in and out. It's simply not a left or right question for anyone with a brain.
Spot on Julie, the party line in fact is a complete irrelevence anytime to any freethinker, but particularly on this vote.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Hardly surprising seeing as their leader is not for anything, just against most things.
Yes, some politicians just advocate more of the same, when the situation dictates, with style and panache, and much public adulation, spose it is refreshing, for a public figure, not to offer a solution, which, has previously failed, or does not exist.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top