Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Britain and Europe: the Immigration Question

This evening BBC2 9pm.

This radioactive issue rumbling under the EU referendum gets a programme to itself.
Is your anxiety justified?
Here, Mishnal Husain does her best to take an impartial look at the real effects of mass migration on Britain...economy, jobs market, education, housing, NHS, our security and our national identity.

Impartial?

Might be worth looking in?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:21 PM

Re: Britain and Europe: the Immigration Question

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This evening BBC2 9pm.

This radioactive issue rumbling under the EU referendum gets a programme to itself.
Is your anxiety justified?
Here, Mishnal Husain does her best to take an impartial look at the real effects of mass migration on Britain...economy, jobs market, education, housing, NHS, our security and our national identity.

Impartial?

Might be worth looking in?
I may have a look Ruthio but, to be honest, I don't think anybody is impartial on this topic, each is looking to satisfy their own agenda and finding ways to convince others that they are right. None of us can see into the future and none of the statistics can be considered because they all produce a counter argument. I have made my decision and I am not going to change it but I do think that plans for the future in the Eu may be a little more sinister than anybody thinks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:24 PM

As Twink says I don't believe anyone is impartial either
The Brexit movie and Daniel Hannan have said it all for me
In the case of Daniel and Nigel - both will lose a good wage and all those lovely perks by coming out of the EU - good enough for me
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:27 PM

Hi

I will not be watching.

There are two things I am avoiding, anything to do with the EU and anything to do with the Football.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:34 PM

I wonder what would happen if 5 million ex pats like myself decided to up sticks and comeback to the UK?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:46 PM

We are going out on the razz this evening Ruthio, but I have already set my recorder.
It should be very interesting.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I wonder what would happen if 5 million ex pats like myself decided to up sticks and comeback to the UK?
HELP!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 12:52 PM

'Decide' might not come into it, you might all become illegal aliens overnight and be treated accordingly.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 01:00 PM

Would make for very unhappy Ex Pats I should think .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 01:04 PM

Having already voted I am giving it a miss, I think most people have made their minds up about it all by now anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top