Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 02:52 PM

The "Gnome" joins the scaremongering

"Jeremy Corbyn has issued a call to the "whole Labour movement" to campaign to keep the UK in the EU."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36523759

Seems to me he has sold his soul to the elite. Presumably his only possible route to ever come to power.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 02:54 PM

Re: The "Gnome" joins the scaremongering

He is as entitled to his opinion as everyone else, but I don't think he should be telling anyone how to vote. This referendum crosses party lines brings together left and right for and against. It's a personal decision to make.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He is as entitled to his opinion as everyone else, but I don't think he should be telling anyone how to vote. This referendum crosses party lines brings together left and right for and against. It's a personal decision to make.
But it's far more than a simple personal view on a mundane topic Julie. If it were some as simple as "Should we increase Income Tax by 5%" then yes I would agree.

The decision as to whether we should be in or out of the EU is deep, complex and has ramifications across vast areas of British life and businesses. On that basis the entire party needs to decide where it stands, not individuals.

Can you imagine the RSPCC being anything but an organisation totally opposed to cruelty to children? If some of its members were allowed to have the individual view of :

"sure, every now and then it's ok to grab a spatula from the kitchen drawer and give a screaming kid a few lashes on their botty"

Then the organisation in its entirety would collapse. This referendum spans numerous boundaries including housing, employment/unemployment numbers, employment rights, crime and justice processes, financial systems and corruption thereof and so much more.

The party is either In or Out and it can't fanny about on such an all-encompassing issue. If it does, it has ZERO chance of ever being voted for again. What needs to happen is for those who don't agree with Corbyn's appalling soul-selling turnaround, to leave the Labour Party and set up a totally new political party together with the Tories who are equally non-supportive of their Party's line.

Maybe this whole referendum will end up producing a new and "real" alternative political party?! Who knows?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
But it's far more than a simple personal view on a mundane topic Julie. If it were some as simple as "Should we increase Income Tax by 5%" then yes I would agree.

The decision as to whether we should be in or out of the EU is deep, complex and has ramifications across vast areas of British life and businesses. On that basis the entire party needs to decide where it stands, not individuals.

Can you imagine the RSPCC being anything but an organisation totally opposed to cruelty to children? If some of its members were allowed to have the individual view of :

"sure, every now and then it's ok to grab a spatula from the kitchen drawer and give a screaming kid a few lashes on their botty"

Then the organisation in its entirety would collapse. This referendum spans numerous boundaries including housing, employment/unemployment numbers, employment rights, crime and justice processes, financial systems and corruption thereof and so much more.

The party is either In or Out and it can't fanny about on such an all-encompassing issue. If it does, it has ZERO chance of ever being voted for again. What needs to happen is for those who don't agree with Corbyn's appalling soul-selling turnaround, to leave the Labour Party and set up a totally new political party together with the Tories who are equally non-supportive of their Party's line.

Maybe this whole referendum will end up producing a new and "real" alternative political party?! Who knows?

Doesn't that equally apply to the 'nasty party' - which is split asunder on the issue of the 'EU' so your comments are hypocritical.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 03:16 PM

Who is the gnome? I thought Ian Hislop had come out strongly for leaving. I suppose it's old chap with the beard who stands opposite the grown-up boy off the Five Boys chocolate bar every Wednesday lunchtime. Why does political discourse have to be so irrelevant and pointless?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2016, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by ArmchairWhinger
Doesn't that equally apply to the 'nasty party'

Haha !

They don't like it Up Em Mr Mainwaring !

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Doesn't that equally apply to the 'nasty party' - which is split asunder on the issue of the 'EU' so your comments are hypocritical.
Yes as I said earlier it isn't party political at all. I don't think realist is being realistic about this one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with you there Julie. He has turned it into a party political vote rather than a vote on the bigger picture. Some lesser informed folk will feel they have to vote along with the Labour party because it's what they have always done.

Hopefully though any association with Gnome boy will result in the opposite.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
"Jeremy Corbyn has issued a call to the "whole Labour movement" to campaign to keep the UK in the EU."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36523759

Seems to me he has sold his soul to the elite. Presumably his only possible route to ever come to power.

Your link has been updated - it's now about Corbyn's sidekick claiming that an elected Labour Party may have a rethink on EU movement rules. Trying to garner support for the Remainers methinks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top