Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 02:35 PM

Re: IDS admits lying!!!

Hi

I think the world would be a better place if more Politicians owned up to misleading the voters, or better still, just do not do it in the first place.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think the world would be a better place if more Politicians owned up to misleading the voters, or better still, just do not do it in the first place.
And break with 309 years of tradition?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
IDS has admitted lying by telling us all that the cost of benefit tourism was costing the British taxpayers £Billions. Some of us knew he was lying, but the vast majority of the population (including many of here) swallowed his lies hook, line and sinker.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...enefit-8193934
Where has IDS said he lied I can't see where he says that at all but then I am not reading the article with a jaundices eye .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 04:02 PM

If he wasn't telling lies he must be admitting he was incompetent and had no idea what he was talking about. Not sure which is worst at the high level he was working.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If he wasn't telling lies he must be admitting he was incompetent and had no idea what he was talking about. Not sure which is worst at the high level he was working.
Ahh so if you say something is not as bad as you thought it was you are a liar or incompetent are you ....

If you read the article it says...
Iain Duncan Smith admits 'benefit tourism' isn't actually a big deal after all

While he was Work and Pensions Secretary, the government led a 'crackdown' on migrants having access to benefits, which they claimed cost Britain £30m a year.
But in an interview with the BBC, he said it wasn't a driver for immigration after all.

He said: "If I'm honest about this I think there may be. It's very difficult to nail down the figures on this.

"I did see somebody say that most people in Eastern Europe didn't actually know what the benefits were here. So I'm a little ambivalent about this one."

Interviewer Mishal Hussain reminded him that he'd said it was a "big nut" he wanted to crack.

He replied: "Yes I think for those that do come over - I've never said there were a vast number. If the question is do I think it's a huge driver for people coming over here the answer is categorically not.

"It's a nut in the sense of having people over here collecting benefits, particularly things like family benefits which struck me as absurd. But as I said at the time, this is an issue, not the issue."
No lies there that I can see .

Large or small numbers, whatever the cost people coming over here to claim benefits while not working is still 'a nut to be cracked' like the Rumanian man on TV recently who came over and couldn't get a job but having become aware of the benefits available went home and came back with his wife and 5 children and having been told there was no house available in London pursued 'his rights as a homeless man with children ' and was given a 5 bedroom house in Birmingham and money to live on because he couldn't get a job.

Good for IDS for pursuing the matter even if the numbers were not as bad as he initially thought.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 04:40 PM

well looks like others see the lies too so I'll carry on believing I read it right first time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

15-06-2016, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
well looks like others see the lies too so I'll carry on believing I read it right first time.
Perhaps knowing the rubbish UJ posts with links he doesn't always read they didn't bother to read the article
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Perhaps knowing the rubbish UJ posts with links he doesn't always read they didn't bother to read the article
Actually I DID read the article Meg. Furthermore, if you do too, you will see that IDS ADMITTED lying when he said this:

Ms Hussain said: "In fact, EU migrants are less likely than UK nationals to claim unemployment benefit, housing benefit, tax credits."

Mr Duncan Smith admitted: "Absolutely. That's probably true."

Compare that with what he was saying less then two years ago and his admission shows that he lied!!!

I think an apology is due to me, but I very much doubt I'll get it!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

15-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Actually I DID read the article Meg. Furthermore, if you do too, you will see that IDS ADMITTED lying when he said this:

Ms Hussain said: "In fact, EU migrants are less likely than UK nationals to claim unemployment benefit, housing benefit, tax credits."

Mr Duncan Smith admitted: "Absolutely. That's probably true."

Compare that with what he was saying less then two years ago and his admission shows that he lied!!!

I think an apology is due to me, but I very much doubt I'll get it!!!
Some posts aren't worth a reply, this is one of them...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some posts aren't worth a reply, this is one of them...
I did start to respond to UJ post on the way he twisted things.

But it's a waste of time with him so just deleted it

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top