Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:44 AM

Re: So! We Vill be punished!!

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
Being treat as though I'm a schoolkid dos nothing to change my mind .
Having read todays threat, if we vote to leave the EU, there will be an emergency budget to fill the 30 Billion pound black hole, this will mean:
2% rise in basic I.Tax
3% for higher rate payers
2% off the NHS, Defence and Education budgets
Increased duty on fuel, and alcohol.

and if that dosn't work, we will all have to do 10,000 lines saying "WE SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN"
Hey Purdy.
You forgot to mention a possible World War Three if we leave.
Our bus passes in jeopardy.
The pension 'triple lock' at risk.
Finance for the NHS at risk.
Et. Et. Etc.

I am very worried.

NOT!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
You forgot to mention a possible World War Three if we leave.
WWIII has been underway for some years now. You just don't realise it sitting comfortably at home in your armchair.

It's a different type of war because technology has moved on so much since WWII.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 01:10 PM

I think we need a new chancellor.... oh, and a new PM, and soon....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think we need a new chancellor.... oh, and a new PM, and soon....
Personally I would chuck everyone out cut the numbers and start again try and do it properly democratically this time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Worries me the maths behind it all, if we stop paying in a huge sum each year we will have tax rises could just be me but how does that add up ?
I don't understand those assertions either. Without any economic evidence, I can only assume they are yet more scare stories from You Know Who.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't understand those assertions either. Without any economic evidence, I can only assume they are yet more scare stories from You Know Who.
Glad it's not just me maths not being my strong point.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Having read some of the papers this morning two things seem to me to be glaringly obvious whichever way you eventually choose to vote :

1. Brexit have a Plan, a Roadmap they're calling it.

2. Remain have Threats, many.
Hi

Brexit can have as many roadmaps as they want, unless they are in power after the Referendum, it is all pie in the sky.

They are also assuming that they can dictate the timescale, they can't.

The EU is fractured, the Visigrad Group and the Greeks are absolutely fed up with France, Germany and Luxembourg.

There will be national agendas coming into play.

Many of the EU Countries export very little to the UK, so nothing to lose, but much to gain.

The Remain Camp are in exactly the same position, they haven't got a clue about what will happen either.

It may be that the International Money Markets will savage us, they may not.

The one one that they can be assured of is that if they make even more savage cuts, they won't be in power for much longer.

The only certainty is this, we are still spending far more than we earn

I am not prepared to see any more cuts to those who genunely cannot work, that means Tax Increases, I can afford it and I am quite willing to pay them.

I will still begrudge paying a penny of my money to those who can work but choose not to.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Teenage tantrums.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 06:42 PM

Anyway.
I am into a bit of CP Masochism.
Bring it on!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 02:23 AM

I admit that my knowledge of this particular in/out debate is sparse.

But my initial inclination would be

" .... better to be inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top