Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 05:22 AM

Re: So! We Vill be punished!!

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I admit that my knowledge of this particular in/out debate is sparse.

But my initial inclination would be

" .... better to be inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in
Depends if your tent is on fire decides if your on the inside our the outside.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 06:06 AM

If I understand your analogy, Europe is "on fire" in terms of immigration, trade, crime(?), political unrest, civil liberties - or whatever
and the UK is better out of it for those reasons ?

Sounds logical if true.
But have there been absolutely zero advantages for Britain ?
Will not the market for much of British production go down the gurgler if she pulls the plug ?
If so, how much will that impact on your economy ?
Will freedom of movement from the UK be impaired ?
What other consequences could arise ?

Just asking.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 06:49 AM

Nobody actually knows Pummy! The remain in group have been using "fear" tactics to stop us voting out and the exit group have been telling us why that will not happen. When it was the Common Market , just for trading purposes, most of us were happy to give it a chance but now everything is being controlled by the EU and that isn't what most British wanted.... so this is our chance to vote "out". Our economy is better than most other EU countries, so is it surprising that they all want us to stay?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
If I understand your analogy, Europe is "on fire" in terms of immigration, trade, crime(?), political unrest, civil liberties - or whatever
and the UK is better out of it for those reasons ?

Sounds logical if true.
But have there been absolutely zero advantages for Britain ?
Will not the market for much of British production go down the gurgler if she pulls the plug ?
If so, how much will that impact on your economy ?
Will freedom of movement from the UK be impaired ?
What other consequences could arise ?

Just asking.
From what I see Europe particularly Germany and France sell more to us than we do to them so unless they want to put their own workers out of work why would they stop free movement of goods ? We consume their cars and various other highly unionised products I can't see them sitting by watching us be punished and suffering them selves.

Apparently China won't deal with Eu but do deal with single countries I don't think they are alone either.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
From what I see Europe particularly Germany and France sell more to us than we do to them so unless they want to put their own workers out of work why would they stop free movement of goods ? We consume their cars and various other highly unionised products I can't see them sitting by watching us be punished and suffering them selves.

Apparently China won't deal with Eu but do deal with single countries I don't think they are alone either.
Yes Julie, and don't you worry, when we vote to LEAVE the EU,
they will be sucking up to us to provide the best trade deals.
Why?
Because it will be in their own interests.
That's why!
Mind you, following George Osborn's THREATS to end bus passes, put up interest rates, end the pension triple lock, add 2p to income tax, put up death duty, booze and fuel costs and deliver all kinds of pestilence on us, he won't last 5 minutes in his job anyway, as I don't think Cameron will either.
Assholes!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:59 AM

It is quite easy to explain why the other EU countries want us to stay. They have threatened, tried to persuade and even begged.

The simple fact is that whatever figure you put on our 'contributions', £350 million, £200 million or whatever, they are making a very big profit from us every day.

Whatever figure you want to accept as the truth, the thing is that when we are gone all of the remaining countries, especially Germany and France, will have to make up that loss.

Of course they want us to stay. They want our money.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It is quite easy to explain why the other EU countries want us to stay. They have threatened, tried to persuade and even begged.

The simple fact is that whatever figure you put on our 'contributions', £350 million, £200 million or whatever, they are making a very big profit from us every day.

Whatever figure you want to accept as the truth, the thing is that when we are gone all of the remaining countries, especially Germany and France, will have to make up that loss.

Of course they want us to stay. They want our money.
Yes JBR.
And it is about time we TOOK CONTROL of it.

Vote Leave!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yes Julie, and don't you worry, when we vote to LEAVE the EU,
they will be sucking up to us to provide the best trade deals.
Why?
Because it will be in their own interests.
That's why!
Mind you, following George Osborn's THREATS to end bus passes, put up interest rates, end the pension triple lock, add 2p to income tax, put up death duty, booze and fuel costs and deliver all kinds of pestilence on us, he won't last 5 minutes in his job anyway, as I don't think Cameron will either.
Assholes!
You forgot ww3 and that we will be assimilated by the Borg!
Actually, the EU kinda reminds me of the Borg..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
You forgot ww3 and that we will be assimilated by the Borg!
Actually, the EU kinda reminds me of the Borg..
No don't say that or resistance may be futile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top