Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 03:06 PM

Jo Cox MP critically injured amid shooting reports

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304
Poor woman, what a horrible thing to happen .

I heard it on the news. It seems she may have been going about her constituency duties at the time.

I think in the criticism of MPs we often forget they are doing a public duty and that can put them in vulnerable situations...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 03:25 PM

Re: Jo Cox MP critically injured amid shooting reports

Yes listening to the reports now, though its a dangerous world now and we can alol be subject to this kind of violence. It will be interesting too see if its related to her job or personal life, or just the bad luck of being in the wrong place. I hope she survives.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 03:34 PM

It appears that Jo Cox had been holding a constituency surgery .
She is with the 'remain ' campaign and it has been reported that the man who attacked her shouted 'Britain First'
before the attack.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 03:55 PM

Terrible state of affairs if an mp can't go about their day in safety rarely agree with her but she didn't deserve this.

Britain first ? Well that could be interesting.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 03:59 PM

What an horrific attack .....
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 04:01 PM

Reading the MSN report one of the witness's said "It looked like a gun from, I don't know, the First World War or a makeshift, handmade gun. It's not sort of like the kind of gun you see normally."

I mean I have to ask just what kind of guns do the locals of Birstall normally walk about with then, Glocks or Hoosies I bet..
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Reading the MSN report one of the witness's said "It looked like a gun from, I don't know, the First World War or a makeshift, handmade gun. It's not sort of like the kind of gun you see normally."

I mean I have to ask just what kind of guns do the locals of Birstall normally walk about with then, Glocks or Hoosies I bet..
Jo was going to our local library campaigning for the remain side, she is a great worker and didn't deserve this at all.
I can tell you a 52yr. old man has been caught and taken into custody, the helicopter is still hovering over where he comes from which is less than 2 miles from the village.
I can see that the police are still in the village and cameraman from different companies are actually walking past our home now.
We had just left the village for the LGI hospital where she was taken, the place is surrounded by armed police with all the armed combo gear, we were allowed to get out OK and obviously now home.
Longfellow we don't carry guns in this village members of this village have a job to carry themselves.
The damned helicopter is overhead makes hell of a noise, I will try and keep you updated from the village, but the media has it all in hand.
We have heard she was shot in the face and head and is critical, you have to feel for her young kids.
Both sides in the referendum have suspended all activities to later date, maybe the vote won't be on next week.
We can all speculate but no doubt police want to know whether this guy is a one man band or from a group.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Jo was going to our local library campaigning for the remain side, she is a great worker and didn't deserve this at all.
I can tell you a 52yr. old man has been caught and taken into custody, the helicopter is still hovering over where he comes from which is less than 2 miles from the village.
I can see that the police are still in the village and cameraman from different companies are actually walking past our home now.
We had just left the village for the LGI hospital where she was taken, the place is surrounded by armed police with all the armed combo gear, we were allowed to get out OK and obviously now home.
Longfellow we don't carry guns in this village members of this village have a job to carry themselves.
The damned helicopter is overhead makes hell of a noise, I will try and keep you updated from the village, but the media has it all in hand.
We have heard she was shot in the face and head and is critical, you have to feel for her young kids.
Both sides in the referendum have suspended all activities to later date, maybe the vote won't be on next week.
We can all speculate but no doubt police want to know whether this guy is a one man band or from a group.
Thanks.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It appears that Jo Cox had been holding a constituency surgery .
She is with the 'remain ' campaign and it has been reported that the man who attacked her shouted 'Britain First'
before the attack.
It's still a bit unclear BUT.

The Britain First claim was made by another Labour MP on her twitter account.

It might be true but do hope that this fellow MP was not playing Politics over this tragedy.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 05:18 PM

Sadly Jo has now died, please refer to the media.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top